Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how you guys feel about Toyota entering the truck series, and using a chevy engine? I dont like it at all. They should not be allowed too advertise not using there own product. Thats like putting a dodge emblem on a toro lawn mower in a commercial, but then you go too buy it, and the box says dodge, but you open it, and it says toro. Now this is gonna increase sales for toyota when they bring out there version of the big motor, but it is false advertising no matter how powerfull it is. I feel Nissan is far more advanced then toyota, and they could easily design a smaller version of there titan such as like dakota/ram. Make the smaller version more streamlined, and use there technology/motor too nascar standards, and be a great competitor. Too stick any other motor in a truck for advertising reasons is rediculous, and never should happen. I by no means hate forign trucks, if i did i wouldn't even be here. I do think they should use there own motors to meet nascar standards. Not chevy/ford/dodge, motors.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Budman,

I don't follow the truck series too much myself...But, I think if your putting a truck on the track labeled as a specific brand then it should be that brand. So I definately agree with the no Toy with a Chevy engine.

As far as the Titan...I don't know if Nissan plans to 'run' in the Truck series at all...I guess we are to wait and see what Nissan tells us.

Chris

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree Hemi, I had no idea that it was a Chevy engine...No wonder they did so well. :confused:

Just curious Hemi, When did you first start owning a Dodge cause prior to their new design they had the ugliest truck known to man or beast. :teeth:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This info is very hard too find on the web. In my opinion its very true though. I will tell you why. I live in MD, but i got a friend that lives in Thomasville NC. Hendrick Motorsports is right there. Its cool, cause you can walk right in, and there right there. No security or nothing. I talked too the guys that are right performing on TV. Very down too earth people. I asked about toyota, and they told me it was a chevy block, and thats what all the fuss is about with them joining. They said as long as a % of manufacturing is done is in USA is a US company, and rules cant keep them out. Nothing states what engine they use in the rules. I cant remember the % of it made in usa though. here is what i gathered off the internet though.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Type: Toyota NASCAR V8

Displacement: 358 Cu. In.

Power: 650 BHP

Induction: Normally Aspirated with Carburetor

Bore: 4.185 Inches

Stroke: 3.250 Inches

Compression Ratio: 12.0:1

Engine Design: Toyota Racing Development, U.S.A.

Fuel: Racing Gasoline

Fuel Pump: TRD

Exhaust: TRD
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Now you find me a 358 cubic inch toyota, and i will kiss your butt!! Ironically its the same exact Cubic inches the chevy uses. Its a bunch of Bull in my opinion. I maybe just a hillbilly dodge owner, but if you cant make your own damn motor, then dont advertise your truck on nascar..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey, beecher what's wrong with my Avatar?

By the way, my last vehicle was a Toyota TRD V6 that blew my buddies big chevy off the road.. We had been playing golf one day and he said why don't you make the move to a man's truck . :gunz: Needless to say, on the way home on a long straight of way he tried to pass ... and little Toyota TRD kicked some serious buttola :bang: That truck had one heck of a passing gear!

My buddy has since moved several hour away and I can't wait till he rides in the Titan.

And one more thing, My avatar is 100% American made and can go up to 70 :crying: mph! Try that when its cold outside on your ATV!

·
Registered
81 Posts
How much percentage wise is made by any of the manufactures? The hood, roof and deck lid? Everything else is pure racecar made in a specialty shop. Take the emblems off the grill and you couldn't tell a Ford from a Chevy. BTW how many cars and trucks these days come with push rod engines. I thought race technology was supose to translate back into the cars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
toyota

I believe that when dodge came into the truck series, they did the same thing. They used a different engine for the first season until they could get their own developed. Secondly, most of the cup cars have engines that are built from the block up, so really just the block comes from the manufacturer, and who knows what manufacturer's block they really use. Also, everyone has to use the jericoh (??) transmission that I believe was developed from fords old tranny, and they also have to use ford's drive shaft/u joint setup. So, in reality nobody uses equipment that comes from just "their" manufacturer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts