Nissan Titan Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
You had better luck than I did. I recently brought my '21 in for an oil change and a few other things, one being the transmission. I explained all the issues and got back "Normal characteristics of the 9 speed transmission."
How descriptive were you with the issue? For me, I explained that when taking off, the transmission experiences latency when connecting to a lower gear. I told them that it's so delayed that by the time the transmission is in the right gear, I no longer have my foot into the throttle, and the engine hangs up on a lower gear. I also told them that the transmission also hangs onto a lower gear when I'm coming to a stop which means the engine revs higher than it should and somewhat lurches forward a bit. I personally think it can be a safety issue if I were to try to slow down because of a pedestrian crossing in front of me (typical in a parking lot), and if my foot were to slip off the brake, would the truck lunge forward? Either way, I was denied. Hopefully they can find a way to recalibrate the 2021.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was very descriptive with the issues....so much so that I think the service advisor thought I was a nutjob. I went into much more detail with them, but it comes down to 2 main problems for me: one is consistent, one is intermittent. The consistent one is the upshifting at low speed, partial throttle. It shifts up way too fast, only to then shift right back down with the slightest increase of throttle.
The intermittent one is the hanging in gear when coasting to stop. Sometimes, it hangs and then clunks / lurches when it finally lets go. Other times, it acts normal.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,850 Posts
I was very descriptive with the issues....so much so that I think the service advisor thought I was a nutjob. I went into much more detail with them, but it comes down to 2 main problems for me: one is consistent, one is intermittent. The consistent one is the upshifting at low speed, partial throttle. It shifts up way too fast, only to then shift right back down with the slightest increase of throttle.
The intermittent one is the hanging in gear when coasting to stop. Sometimes, it hangs and then clunks / lurches when it finally lets go. Other times, it acts normal.
That's pretty much what I am experiencing now, and what I experienced with my 2020 before they reflashed the transmission. Oh well, maybe once enough 2021 buyers complain, Nissan will put out a fix.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts