Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this saturday im going to install the pro comp stage 1 lift and was wondering what tools are needed, how long it might take, and what problems anyone has ran into.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
plan on taking two days. I've done the kit twice now, on my truck, and LurchDubious', and both times it took two days, working with only hand tools and without a lift.

you def. want to have an extra set of hands.

I'd spray all the rusty nuts that you will be removing NOW with some PB Blaster or other penetrating lubricant.

you'll need a 32mm axle nut socket for the front axle.

everything else is pretty much standard hand tools/wrenches. it is truly a bolt on kit.

as far as the kit itself.... where the differential will be mounting to the drop brackets... you want to spread those 'tabs' a bit wider before install, so that the diff actually drops down in between the mounting tabs. from the factory, it's pretty tight.

be prepared for your stock front wheel bearing/hub assemblies to be pretty tight inside the stock spindles. you may even have to take them somewhere to be pressed out of the spindle. that is what happened on Lurch's truck during install, and has been a common problem for other folks as well.

also, some peeps have had trouble with the cam bolts for the lower control arms (LCA). They tend to seize to the bushing inside the arm itself, making it impossible to remove the lower control arms. Be prepared to deal with that. I believe the PC kits now come with new cam bolts, if I am not mistaken. You may end up taking the sawz-all to the stock ones, then having the seized bolts pressed out of the LCA's.

tackle the front end first. the back is easy.

you will have to bleed the brakes, so be prepared to do that.

it's pretty straight-forward otherwise.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good info 54, I'm getting ready to do mine next weekend

Reactions: 54warrior

·
Registered
73 Posts
i just ordered my procomp kit & cst sway bar through prg last night. ill post pics once its done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts