Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get the first story you can read my thread called " Beware of the emergency brake " . So anyway I have a silver Titan and had to get the drivers door fixed and repainted. When I went to pick it up today the paint was just to Silver compared to the OEM which has just a tinge of goldish in it. So they're going to repaint it . My question is do they have a chance of matching it ? Or am I just waiting for nothing . Has anybody fixed a Siver truck without repainting the whole thing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody ? No painters in here I guess.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
imo take it to the dealer...if they would paint it idk...

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
yes they can match it perfectly.

The paint has a formula the shop should be able to match.

The only problem y ou may have is some of the restrictions in CA that are in place for VOC's.

That said, A good shop should be able to paint it to match perfectly.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
oh yeah post pics !

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I didn't have a camera today when I looked at it so no pics of the color difference. I just wanted to make sure it could be matched so the whole truck didn't have to be painted . I'll let them try one more time then maybe do something else. I'm just suprised that they didn't look at it in the sun before I came down. That's the first thing I did to double check the color.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any body man worth a sh*t will be able to match it, silver or not.

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
I have a silver titan and had to have a new hood and pasenger side fender painted after a deer incident and the shop did an excellent job of matching. I also had to have the pasenger side of my bed fixed after a lady backed into me. So, they should be able to match it!

He also told me he test spayed a few times to get it right.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vipzach said:
I have a silver titan and had to have a new hood and pasenger side fender painted after a deer incident and the shop did an excellent job of matching. I also had to have the pasenger side of my bed fixed after a lady backed into me. So, they should be able to match it!

He also told me he test spayed a few times to get it right.
That's good news .. They did blend it but I could tell where they started and stopped . I'm guessing that I shouldn't be able to see that . Like I said they're repainting it so we'll see .

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
ProjectTitan007 said:
That's good news .. They did blend it but I could tell where they started and stopped . I'm guessing that I shouldn't be able to see that . Like I said they're repainting it so we'll see .
they probably just had the metallic flake ratio off, or the tint off just slightly.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got my truck back from the paint shop a couple of days ago. The paint color is much better than it was . Unfortunately I can still tell what was fixed but I might be able to no matter what. Told my wife I guess I'm just going to have to put a custom paint job on it . Providing I could find a paint shop I can trust.

·
Registered
249 Posts
[email protected]! Did they get the paint code off the door sticker or just 'eyeball it'?
I'm having my engine cover custom painted right now, and the shop (good buddies of mine) got the paint code from the door sticker and painted the engine cover to match - it's a perfect match, so there's no reason that anyone else can't do it too.
When they get more time, they're going to airbrush some tribal flames on both sides in silver (ghost-flame style) - I'll post pix when it's all done.

Good luck in getting it done *right*!!!

Psychlone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts