Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for pics of those of you with JL subs in enclosures. Send me whatever you have....stealthboxes....boxes made by Tech12volts...anything. I just want to see this with my own eyes, because I hear 10W3-3's will fit fine then some say they wont, that the 10W3-2's fit better...and some say no , go with the 10W1's. Any pics of your JL subs in your Titan would be appreciated. King Cab pics are actually what I am looking for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
Here ya go Bimbo... er... Goomba.... er.... Whatever! :lol:








It's a 10w3v3 in a Tech12volt box. Sounds great and fits fine! And the rear seats are the same even though mine's a CC. Definitely sounds great! Although some on here say they're overpriced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blackbeauty said:
Here ya go Bimbo... er... Goomba.... er.... Whatever! :lol:

It's a 10w3v3 in a Tech12volt box. Sounds great and fits fine! And the rear seats are the same even though mine's a CC. Definitely sounds great! Although some on here say they're overpriced.
HEHEHE that rhymes...you were a poet and didn't know it lol. Thanks dude. I have no doubt it sounds awesome. In my opinion, if the buyer is happy, then price is not so much an issue. That is how I see it. This Bimbo wants the good stuff lol. Could not tell if that was a ported or sealed enclosure though.

How you like the amp? Is that a 500/1 that you have over on the other side there?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
It's a sealed tech box. The amp is a 300/2 by JL. All electronics from eBay.





Saved quite a bit over retail, and it was from a reputable electronics seller.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
Tech12volts enclosures are far from over priced...
FAR from it! I was referring, of course, to the JL equipment! I'm sure t22o80 will be along any time now to back me up with his thoughts on this.... :D Tech doesn't charge enough for what he provides! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
I agree Tech12 stuff is definitly at a good price. I don't think you will find an enclouser at that price for that quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the pics guys. I have found some pretty decent prices at this site for everything that I want...much less than the local dealer. My first guess was this is probably B stock or refurb stuff, when that is not the case. The only reason they are cheaper is because they do not follow JL Audio's pricing structure which basically means MARK IT UP! So they are not "authorized JL Audio Dealers" so they can price it cheaper than a dealer would. Sounds like just bureaucratic BS to bully merchants into selling.


Oh yeah here is the site:

http://www.sonicelectronics.com

The prices are great on everything I want.

I am still having trouble though trying to find a double din bezel with no dual climate control to fit and match a 2007 SE that has the 6 CD changer, but no RF or Navto fit a Pioneer AVIC-D3 .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's who I bought from on eBay! :lol: Yeah, WAY better pricing than other places!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Blackbeauty said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's who I bought from on eBay! :lol: Yeah, WAY better pricing than other places!
LOL pretty funny. Yeah I was thinking, why pay more when it is new stuff and there is nothing wrong with it. it just gets JL Audio's panties in a wad, because someone sells it cheaper. How fast did they expedite your order from the time you placed it to the time you received the items?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
92,554 Posts
I got the stuff in a few days. Like I said, I won some auctions on eBay. My Godson put me onto them. I think both pieces cost me around $300.00 total!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
It may be new stuff but be careful, manufacturers keep track of serial numbers and will not honor warranty if not purchased from an authorized dealer. Same as if you buy something with a non transferable warranty they don't have to warranty if you don't have the original receipt.

But sometimes the cost savings is worth it I will not deny that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
I heard I sent you a bad luck charm R1? Sorry bud...
I called Kenwood and they told me you have to have an adapter to have both the Bluetooth and the XM at the same time. The XM you sent me works because I tried it without the bluetooth and it all worked really well. I already ordered the adapter it's the KCA-S220A just in case anyone needs to know. I have to have the Bluetooth since I can get a ticket on post for driving and talking on the phone lol. I scratched my damn screen for being a dumb ***, man I was pissed but hey what can I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bighitter said:
It may be new stuff but be careful, manufacturers keep track of serial numbers and will not honor warranty if not purchased from an authorized dealer. Same as if you buy something with a non transferable warranty they don't have to warranty if you don't have the original receipt.

But sometimes the cost savings is worth it I will not deny that.
Yeah I actually called them and asked them to give me the details on that, and they were honest and forthcoming, and said what you just said. If you are not an authorized dealer, no warranty. But I do not anticipate this stuff to break within a year's time, so I think I will be good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
R1max said:
I called Kenwood and they told me you have to have an adapter to have both the Bluetooth and the XM at the same time. The XM you sent me works because I tried it without the bluetooth and it all worked really well. I already ordered the adapter it's the KCA-S220A just in case anyone needs to know. I have to have the Bluetooth since I can get a ticket on post for driving and talking on the phone lol. I scratched my damn screen for being a dumb ***, man I was pissed but hey what can I do.
On the base where I work at, it is getting to where almost Bluetooth is being done away with. If it ever came to that, and someone got pulled over, I guess one could just say "Oh well I was singing with the radio", or "Oh I babble to myself incoherently quite frequently" lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
If you buy JL online chances are the serial # will be removed unless it came from Crutchfield. This way the leak cannot be traced and of course JL will not warranty the product.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Here's my latest thumper (10W7 * 500/1 * 1.2 mf cap) ...
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top