Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put a 2" leveling kit on my 05 and just wanted to know if anyone had any issues. It must change the angle of the front drive shaft, no? Any extra wear from it? Just don't want to create problems for myself.

Thanks

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Never heard of any problems other then coil bucket contact. I've had mine on for about a year, gone wheeling, used 4 wheel drive, snow, you name it. Never had any issues whatsoever.

·
Registered
620 Posts
the most common problem people get from leveling kits is just coil bucket contact. you being 4x4 the biggest leveling kit you can go with is 2" so you should be fine with the one you're looking at. make sure you get an alignment too

Reactions: Nolesfan

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
x2 on what ketel said. Any time you change ride height, get an alignment. Normally costs about $50

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was definitely getting an alignment. I just figured there might be some wear from angles changing. Maybe I'm just visualizing it wrong.

·
Registered
620 Posts
there might be some but not enough for anything to worry about. I know I havent read anything on here about people having problems with premature wear and tear due to leveling kits changing angles. Its not like the chevy's cranking up the torsion bars or anything like that

Reactions: Nolesfan

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've had a leveling kit on my 05 for about 5 years now. Everyones results are different, but I did notice my truck not handling certain types of bumps as well as before, mainly washboard and sharp bumps like highway seams.

I added Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners of the truck, but it only seemed to make the conditions worse.

After driving it like that for two years, I've had enough and two weeks ago I ordered a proper PRG suspension lift.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've had my RC 3" kit on for about 2 months. In that time I've put about 2k miles on it, been on a few camping trips and some pretty harsh offroading and I have not had any issues what so ever. Furthermore the truck handles 100 times better than the Rancho's that were previoulsy on the truck.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Mine came with a level new from dealer and it had coil bucket contact. It only did it on certain speed bumps though. Other than that I loved being leveled.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yeah I had my 2.5 level kit on over a year and like everyone else the coil bucket is the only contact on deep diped roads or jumping an overcross trying to run a redlight!!! But other than that I love it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've had my 2" kit for a month or so. No problems at all!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. I just received my 2" spacers, now to find time to install them!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
hey fellas! I just bought my Titan this past weekend. I purchased Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares and next up is a leveling kit. Here is a picture of my new rig. I was thinking of getting the Rough Country 2'' level kit and their sway bar links. Do you guys think that will level the front out?? It is an 04 KC 4x4 only 29,240 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey fellas! I just bought my Titan this past weekend. I purchased Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares and next up is a leveling kit. Here is a picture of my new rig. I was thinking of getting the Rough Country 2'' level kit and their sway bar links. Do you guys think that will level the front out?? It is an 04 KC 4x4 only 29,240 miles. Thanks

So... how did this level turn out? Any issues? pics? I have about the same stance now and was thinking about going with the 2.5'' on my 06. Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2wd 2005 titan crew cab and I just bought a supreme suspensions 3inch front and 1.5inch rear leveling kit.i was wondering if its going to give any problems with the cam arms in front or the stock shocks in the back or if it should bolt right in with the stock components

·
Registered
15 Posts
the most common problem people get from leveling kits is just coil bucket contact. you being 4x4 the biggest leveling kit you can go with is 2" so you should be fine with the one you're looking at. make sure you get an alignment too
I'm running a 3" level on my 04 4x4. No problems other than coil bucket and upper control arm contact

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the look of your white Titan. That's a leveling kit of course. But what about the rims? What kind are they and what size and what size wheels? It looks close to what I'm trying to do down here in Northern California... Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts