Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

First post here and I truely can not wait to get my titan. Right now I am debating getting a 2004 KC SE titan. This perticular titan has 26k on it and is fantastic condition. The only really problem I am running into is that the Nissan dealer has had the truck since 2/28/07!!!! Is there any reason why it would be on the lot for that long? Any insite would help.

The truck has been nissan certified and it is getting the recalls done. Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
Ryan

·
Registered
97 Posts
Maybe it was previously damaged. Look for repainted panels. There was a dealership here selling an 07 titan for 20,000, lucky thing I didn't jump on it because the frame on it was reworked. Salesman ( friend of mine) said it was in a big accident.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Maybe it has been on the lot so long due to high gas prices. Good luck.

·
Registered
554 Posts
TitanLou said:
Maybe it has been on the lot so long due to high gas prices. Good luck.

Exactly what I was thinking. An acquaintance of mine just sold his 04 due to gas prices. Do a carfax on it and see if it comes up with anything.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are they asking too much for it? Knowing that it has been there so long should help you when it comes to talking price.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There was a dent on the tailgate that has been fixed. It was a 1 owner vehicle and seems to be in great condition. I will get under the truck to make sure the frame has not been stretched. The car fax is clean and no accidents have been reported. they were offering it for 17000 when i started to look at it last weekend. This is the SE model with the RF stereo, bed package, and tow package. It is the exact truck that i have in mind so im pretty sure i am going to hop on it if the frame and under carrige looks perfect.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i just bought an 04 KC this weekend with 20k on it that had been on the lot for 13months. it had some cosmetic things here (a few scratches in the paint here and here, nothing major and to be expected on an 04) but was mechanically pristine. the only two reasons i can think it was on the lot for as long as it was are that it is a 2x4 and most ppl looking at this type of truck are probably in the market for a 4x4 (in the area i live anyway) and, as mentioned before, it's a v8 and gas prices are crazy high right now.

make sure you get a carfax and then spend a lot of time under the truck checking for any signs of damage, repair, rust, leaking, etc. if it's in town, take it to your mechanic and have him run a check on it as well. also, get the service history from the dealer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SirKeats said:
i just bought an 04 KC this weekend with 20k on it that had been on the lot for 13months. it had some cosmetic things here (a few scratches in the paint here and here, nothing major and to be expected on an 04) but was mechanically pristine. the only two reasons i can think it was on the lot for as long as it was are that it is a 2x4 and most ppl looking at this type of truck are probably in the market for a 4x4 (in the area i live anyway) and, as mentioned before, it's a v8 and gas prices are crazy high right now.

make sure you get a carfax and then spend a lot of time under the truck checking for any signs of damage, repair, rust, leaking, etc. if it's in town, take it to your mechanic and have him run a check on it as well. also, get the service history from the dealer.
Service records.... Good advice.... How much did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
226 Posts
13,900 (they were asking 14,999... 13mo on the lot gives you quite a bit of leverage).

no power on mine though... manual doors and locks... so that's a bumber. for the price though i couldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
wow, congrats... That is a hell of a deal. Over the phone i already got them down to 17k out the door. So that is around 15700 for the truck.

So i am feeling better about this buy. Hopefully it looks alright underneath, where it counts!!!

any more insight would help!

thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts