Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some american racing crater aluminum wheels. i have been using the powerball and some mothers. still doesnt get all the stuff off. anyone out there with some suggestions?

much appreciated, :hat:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Try Wax Shop's "CAM" metal polish. It works alot easier than Mother's. It removes discoloration, rust, tarnish and water spots with no effort. It leaves a high luster on aluminum, metals (smooth), stainless steel, chrome, silver, copper and brass.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If they're aluminum with a clearcoat then any paint polish will work...

What I'd recommend doing is get a good CC-safe (if above is true) wheel cleaner. Remember, polish will remove a microscopic layer of clearcoat. I wouldn't recommend polish unless nothing else will get the stuff off.

I'd go:

1. Wheel Cleaner
2. Claybar
3. Polish
4. Wax

The wax will protect and make the next cleaning MUCH easier.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use Eagle One Nano Polish along with the Mother's Powerball. Got my Dune6 wheels sexy shiny.

Note that I am NOT endorsing AutoBarn. I just wanted to find a good link for you. As a matter of fact, I strongly recommend you stay away from them, as they take upwards of three days just to ship your order once it's placed. Take your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have always used mothers on my wheels, and I was not at all happy with my powerball. i bought one expecting it to be this big break through, but it doesnt work like alot of elbow grease and time.. You know I would really like to know... I see these "people" with cutlasses with 24s.HA. nd it can be a downpour, and they can go down a dirt road, and come out lookin like they just got done polishing..nd yet It can be sprinkling, or just go down the highway, and mine are covered in dust and stuff. I may have to stop some of them some time and ask him how in the hek do they do that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
nissane2w said:
I have always used mothers on my wheels, and I was not at all happy with my powerball.
I bought my "No Fear" Titan from the stealership not too long ago. When I got it, the Dune6 wheels were "cloudy"--they weren't anywhere near sparkly. I used wheel polish by hand and it didn't do squat for me. I gave up. Then I heard of the Mother's Powerball thingy-ma-jiggy. I bought it and in less than 30 minutes, my wheels were sexier than... well... I can't say it here.

Seriously: the Powerball is a godsend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts