Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattle inside my passenger side door panel and I don't think I can wait until I get it to the dealer. It's not bad, as far as rattles go, but it's there and rattles drive me CRAZY !!!! :ftard: It's only there on rough roads, but if you've ever driven in Colorado, you know ALL our roads are rough...even the paved roads! Can anyone tell me how to take off the door panel? If it's someting that I can do myself, maybe I won't have to wait until I get to the dealer. BUT...that little rattle is the ONLY thing that bugs me. The Big-T is GREAT !!!

RTT

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. Remove power window switch assembly (if equipped).
_ Disconnect harness connectors.
2. Remove pull handle cover.
_ Remove screws behind pull handle cover.
3. Remove cap from pull handle escutcheon and remove screw.
4. Remove pull handle escutcheon.
_ Remove screws behind pull handle escutcheon.
5. Remove armrest.
_ Remove screw behind armrest.
6. Remove memory seat switch (if equipped)..DOOR FINISHER
A
B
_ Disconnect harness connector.
7. Remove step lamp.
8. Remove door finisher and disconnect lock cable and handle cable from door handle assembly. Refer to
BL-128, "FRONT DOOR LOCK" .
9. Remove door lock knob.
Installation is in the reverse order of removal.

See the attachment. The cable they speak of FRONT DOOR LOCK should be self explanatory once you see it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
David_S said:
5. Remove armrest.
A
B
7. Remove step lamp.
8. Remove door finisher and disconnect lock cable and handle cable from door handle assembly. Refer to

See the attachment. The cable they speak of FRONT DOOR LOCK should be self explanatory once you see it
great info david, thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
hey....

i have the same problem too, i ts on the front pass side somewhere and i dont know where it is! im tired of it also and it happens frequently. what do u guys think it is?

·
Registered
146 Posts
mytitan said:
i have the same problem too, i ts on the front pass side somewhere and i dont know where it is! im tired of it also and it happens frequently. what do u guys think it is?
Same here, looks like it is right next to my left shoulder, sounds like the door panel was attached with souble sided tape and makes this annoying rattle... not too happy.
What to do?.. does somebody know?... help before I drive my fist through the panel

·
Registered
294 Posts
Same here to guys. Let us know if you find a fix. What's weird is that I only have it in the morning when it's cold out. Once it warms up (the plastics expand) and I go to lunch or go home after work, it goes away.

Karl

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi Everybody!
I had the same type of rattle sound coming from the upper side pas door. I found that mine was coming from two areas. First I found that the seat belt cilp for the (pass. side) was rattling against the B piller trim.on the door. 2-It seems that the door seals are really thick and my pass. doors will not always close properly (just have to shut them more firmly) . I moved the seat belt clip over the head rest on the pass. seat and that rattle was gone! Also my lady wasn't closing the door all the way, I had no door ajar on my instrument cluster to tell me it wasn't closed, but it rattled like a opened door so I checked it and sure enough, it wasn't shut all the way. By checking these two things I have had no more rattles! just thought I whould let everybody know. :) Deepwater

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A big thanks to David_S and California Titan

David_S said:
5. Remove armrest.
A
B
7. Remove step lamp.

Both of you guys were a great help. Thanks. Got that nasty rattle fixed!

(RTT)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts