Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've raced and beaten a handful of hemis, but never a 2500 diesel. there's a guy on another site who's boasting about his new ride claiming it can beat this and that... you know the kind. but before i suggest he race a titan i need to do my homework. having never raced one, i don't know who the winner would be. anybody ever kill one??

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Is it modded??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as far as i know, no. if it's got some banks equipment or bullydog or something then yeah, it'd beat the titan i'm sure. but stock vs. stock...

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Grizzlymudder said:
as far as i know, no. if it's got some banks equipment or bullydog or something then yeah, it'd beat the titan i'm sure. but stock vs. stock...
I would have to say the titan will win. But as with my truck you might have a hard time on a roll. Is it a turbo diesel or just a reg. diesel? Off the line I have to hold the brake down, put it in tow mode and spool the turbo up to get a good start. I think the titan will definatly beat it from the git go. I got beat pretty bad by a hemi durango, but i think he had done some stuff to it because at about 60 he had about 7 trucks on me and I had my foot all the way down. I know my Titan will beat a hemi durango off the line, (not on a roll) So I would assume the Titan would spank me. Do you have a 4x4??

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i believe it is a turbo, yes. my truck is a 4x4.. but i'm speaking in general terms, not a mine vs. yours kinda deal. i don't even know where this dude lives...

·
Registered
781 Posts
all diesel's are turbo there isn't one on the market that isn't

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just make sure that he is not modded. One of my friends has one with alot of performance stuff and it will outrun any truck, and most cars around here. BeWARE of the chip..It unleashes MEAN power in diesels.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah there's some crazy go-fast parts out there for em...

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
If you lose to a STOCK CTD, then you need to leave your keys with the misses and take the bus where ever you're going. Those things are DOG SLOW.

Even slightly modded, it would still be close, but once they go to the second level of modding, they start to get well into the 14's.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Grizzlymudder said:
i've raced and beaten a handful of hemis, but never a 2500 diesel. there's a guy on another site who's boasting about his new ride claiming it can beat this and that... you know the kind. but before i suggest he race a titan i need to do my homework. having never raced one, i don't know who the winner would be. anybody ever kill one??
Race him. My neighbors Sierra 2500 Diesel with the Edge system can't touch me. Now there are many things that can make Diesels quick but....if this guys ride is brand new, chances are...he's stock and slug-slow compared to your Titan.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Stock for Stock, hands down the titan wins. My buddy has one and i raced him about 10 times and beat him every time. Now he is getting a bully dog chip and he will OWN me. Those chips unleash about 70-90 hp and 300 torque.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
slimjonesy said:
Stock for Stock, hands down the titan wins. My buddy has one and i raced him about 10 times and beat him every time. Now he is getting a bully dog chip and he will OWN me. Those chips unleash about 70-90 hp and 300 torque.
Been there. It'll take more than just a Bully Dog set up to beat you 0-60. It will take you from say....30 MPH on up though. If he gets a full set up with intake exhaust along with that BD system, he'd have a better chance. Forget about it if he's propane injected.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They are slugs. I had one do a fly by on me so I chased him down and left him in the dust. The guy slowed down and would not try it again. :futwice:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys..

·
Registered
82 Posts
I raced one I don't know if it was modded or not but I beat it into the dust on a two lane road. he tucked his tail between his legs and slowed down. N my titan is stock

·
Registered
63 Posts
i took on a dodge 3500 before my intake.he saw me coming and tried to overtake the cars in front.caught him on a two lane stretch,i got in the slow lane no cars in both lanes.pulled up door to door at about 75 looked in his window, smiled put her down and left him. i never seen him till a few months later.he rolled up behind me must've known better or knew it was me and bactdafucup(hope i can say that sorry if i can't!)i thought he was modded it was loud as heck.i only go after turbo trucks to really see where i'm at.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I now own a Dodge 2500 Diesel and after driving the titan, Stock Vs. Stock its a no contest win for the Titan any day of the week.

Just Watch out for the modified ones, they can get pretty insane

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd have to agree with most of these comments. I have two friends with dodge diesels, ones a stock duelly. not fast at all, but don't hook up bumpers, it will pull your mustache out your ***. Other friend has a quad cab standard axle with that six shooter or six gun whatever it's called. That thing is insane.... I couldn't believe what that truck is capable of. beware of the diesels with tuners.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
As many have said, if he is stock enjoy the CTD dinner on us. If he has been biten by the mod bug... walk away.

It is not hard to get them into the 10's. Yes I said 10 second quarter mile times. They can be right out evil *****es and you will know you are in trouble if he leaves the line huffin a ton of black smoke.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Grizzlymudder said:
I haven't had a chance to race him yet...but my brother has a brand new cummins 4x4 crew cab short bed 2500. I drove it the other day. Holy moly...it's fast right out of the box. I'm pretty sure he will out run me when we do get a chance to face off.

But, frankly I won't care. I like my Titan and plan to drive it until the wheels, door panels, hood and tailgate fall off, or until someone comes out with a 1/2 ton diesel.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts