Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking at all kinds of different systems and i like the Banks does anybody have this system and can tell me if its worth the money or should i try somthing else i am proably going to to buy a system for xmas for myself so any info would be nice thanks guys :cheers:

·
Registered
203 Posts
i've got the banks exhaust and can tell you the sound is awesome. i have no other experience with other exhaust systems but have read over and over again that the JBA exhaust is where its at for performance. But for sound you'd wanna go with Banks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i mean i want it to sound half way decent not like a damn honda civic so i mean does it sound okay and does it even give enough power to notice ? i like them from what i have seen but its still up in the air to me

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
So if you had to list these things from most improtant to least important and leave out the stuff that doesn't matter at all to you, how would it look.

PERFORMANCE (nothing else matters)
LOUD (it's gotta wake the neighbors)
DEEP TONE (I like a low growl, mean like)
GOOD LOOKS (It's gotta look sharp)
PRICE (lookin for bang for the buck award)
LOW RESONANCE (gotta drive this and asprin is expensive)
QUIET (nobody needs to know a thing,,,till I step on it)

Then the guys on here that know better than me can see where you are headed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
man thats easy i am all about performance cuase idc how good it looks if it can't do anything why waste your time or money and to be hoest having a louad truck sounds like **** to me i don't want to piss people off unless they drive a chevy and think they have the best truck on the road i acually hangout with all ford guys -and they like my truck how funny is that but yea i am just wanted to make sure i wasn't wasteing my time buying the banks

·
Registered
146 Posts
GotMeATitan said:
i've got the banks exhaust and can tell you the sound is awesome. i have no other experience with other exhaust systems but have read over and over again that the JBA exhaust is where its at for performance. But for sound you'd wanna go with Banks.
GotMeATitan said it all. I too have the banks and its loud. I drive through a parking lot at the mall and car alarms go off. If sure does sound mean...only thing is the "po po's" can her you coming before you even see them.

If you want performance, go with the jba. Just ask Toomnymods.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Theres a guy down the street from me with a single sided banks on his 04.I can tell its him coming from a block away, not too loud, very distinctive, awesome sounding exhaust for this truck.(I'd buy the same but then he'd say i was copying him!)

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had the banks cat back exhaust on my crew cab for 24 hours. The drone was so bad at highway speeds my wife and son would not ride in my new truck. It is very loud, and won't give you much in the way of performance, because it decreases back-pressure to much, might be good on some trucks, but not the Titan. Also, I've heard guys are having to replace them because of rust. The banks is made of 409 stainless, you want something made of 304 stainless. Especially if you live somewhere that salt or magnesium chloride is used on the roads in winter.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Banks but modified here...

I have two vibrant perfromance resonators and cut the 3"y section to 2.5" Reused the Banks y union, muffler and tail section. My tip is cut off as well.

Here's some videos. All were taken with same camera and general location. The first clip is after the stillen headers and the next is the banks full 3".

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/houseofbaker/?action=view&current=BanksbeforeandafterStillenHeaders_0.flv

This video is the current setup after the Stillen headers and the new exhaust.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/houseofbaker/?action=view&current=HeadersandResonators_0001.flv

·
Registered
324 Posts
RB's Titan said:
Banks but modified here...

I have two vibrant perfromance resonators and cut the 3"y section to 2.5" Reused the Banks y union, muffler and tail section. My tip is cut off as well.

Here's some videos. All were taken with same camera and general location. The first clip is after the stillen headers and the next is the banks full 3".

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/houseofbaker/?action=view&current=BanksbeforeandafterStillenHeaders_0.flv

This video is the current setup after the Stillen headers and the new exhaust.

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l80/houseofbaker/?action=view&current=HeadersandResonators_0001.flv
Your current setup sounds very nice. I really couldn't here any drone at all at cruising speed. With my banks you could feel it in your head and it was just too loud inside the cab. It felt like your head was going to pop. I don't mind the noise when I'm on the throttle, but at cruising speed it needs to be nice and quiet inside to keep the wife happy.:) My Borla exhaust is loud as hell when on the throttle, but quieter than the stock exhaust in the cab. And it is really only loud if you have the rear window down.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so half you guys are saying its good with performance and the other half say it sucks some say it loud others say not bad hahahaha i mean come on guys and yes i would love to have the borla but i don't have 1200 bucks to blow i am in college and i ride dirt bikes i have lil to spend on **** and i want a clean look and where i live it doesn't snow so i could car less about the rust bud lol thanxs i live in the south the coldest it gets here is about low 20's at worst so yea i am just going to have to find some one in south carolina to let me see there truck with it and how it sounds :jester:

·
Registered
324 Posts
titankid88 said:
so half you guys are saying its good with performance and the other half say it sucks some say it loud others say not bad hahahaha i mean come on guys and yes i would love to have the borla but i don't have 1200 bucks to blow i am in college and i ride dirt bikes i have lil to spend on **** and i want a clean look and where i live it doesn't snow so i could car less about the rust bud lol thanxs i live in the south the coldest it gets here is about low 20's at worst so yea i am just going to have to find some one in south carolina to let me see there truck with it and how it sounds :jester:
I paid $700 for my Borla. Same cost as as a Banks system. And the drone level will depend on wether or not you have big tow, crew cab, or larger tires putting more load on the engine. The performance will vary depending on any other mods you've done. The guys that are saying it's not loud probably don't have a wife and kids.:jester: ? Try a search for "banks exhaust". You'll find all the info you need!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: anybody got the Banks single sided exhaust system for their titan

I have the Banks and I would not trade it for any other exhaust. I have installed numerous different brands on my 3 trucks and the banks is the one I like the best. Makes grandma's slam on their brakes when I hammer it on the freeway. If you drive around at a low RPM all day long sure it will hum and irate some people but I do not drive 25 to 30 all day long in drive. Drop it in low gear and drive 25 and the sound doesn't hum, vibrate etc. Have someone kick it in the A%% one time and see what you think.

They all have different tones, so it comes down to what you like to hear everyday. I have had mine for 2 years now and have not had any problems and believe it has been used and abused.

TC

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Just got mine put on the other day. I love it and the best thing about it is my girlfriend approved. Yay she said it wasnt that bad. She is used to her brothers cheby with straight pipes and gutted converters though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have banks on my titan and im very happy with it. Yes it can be loud and annoying but Ive gotten used to it. People know when you are coming and going, especially if you give a little gas. Im happy with it and is really easy install. Ive talked to people with others like borla and whatever, I seem to be the happiest.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My banks was only around 450.00 a few years ago, although It seems its been going for around 500.00 at most places these days. The Banks sounds awsome, low low bass, thumping sound, probably the best exhaust of anykind I have ever heard. The wife and kids dont mind it, I guess they are used to it now. Although I have thought about trying the JBA, since I hear it helps our low end.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I installed mine a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier, my wife and kids love the way it rumbles, she says it makes it sound like a mean B*tch, I thought it would be too loud for her but she likes it, you do get a performance increase just maybe not as much as the JBA, but it's definitely the best sounding exhaust. :rockon

·
Registered
35 Posts
MoValleyTitan said:
I installed mine a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier, my wife and kids love the way it rumbles, she says it makes it sound like a mean B*tch, I thought it would be too loud for her but she likes it, you do get a performance increase just maybe not as much as the JBA, but it's definitely the best sounding exhaust. :rockon
FYI...flowmasters sound great too but u wont feel the performance and its very loud when u bury the pedal. At idle, people always turn their heads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had mine on for about a year now. I LOVE THIS EXHAUST!!! I'll admit that it does resonate a little at cruising speed, but hey, I want to be able to hear the truck, and when I don't want to hear the truck, I turn up my 1600 watt stereo system. You can't beat the sound at wide open throttle, the way people look at you when you drive into any parking lot, store, etc. I personally didn't notice a drop in low end torque. And I actually picked up a little increase in gas mileage.

I can tell you that December is definitely the time to buy an exhaust from Banks if you are going to buy one at all. In December they get their inventory return stock from all of their vendors, so they sell it at a reduced cost. I saved over $100 from the regular cost by buying in December. Good luck with your decision.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts