Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thread has been discussed here before. But....is anyone actually using Mobil 1 or any synthetic oil in their Titan? Now that the group is getting more miles on their new trucks; has anybody actually switched to a synthetic? And are you happy with it? Thanks........

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
texastitan said:
I know this thread has been discussed here before. But....is anyone actually using Mobil 1 or any synthetic oil in their Titan? Now that the group is getting more miles on their new trucks; has anybody actually switched to a synthetic? And are you happy with it? Thanks........
im using chevron supreme dino with great results and its only 1.12 a quart. i know thats not what you were asking im sure someone will chime in :jester:

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Straight Dino oil here and I have no plans to change that. Getting ready for oil change number three already and she is already over 5200 miles in 46 days?!?!?!? lol We really do love driving this truck!

Chris

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Been using Mobil Syn. in my Frontier ever since the 1st oil change. No problems, seems to run smoother, but thats just a seat of the pants test nothing scientific.

·
Registered
294 Posts
texastitan said:
I'll be changing to Mobil 1 before we take some trips pulling the rv in the summer (since we live in Phx). Over 4k miles on mine right now using Chev Supreme currently.

·
Registered
250 Posts
There was a long thread about this a few weeks ago, initiated by a forum member who complained that Mobil 1 oil caused excessive valve train noise in his Titan.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ya, but I'll believe it when I hear it... I know when someone feels "iffy" about doing something this can trick the brain into hearing things that aren't there, or making those things that were there stand out more.

Like after you change your oil and you smell burning oil and wonder if your oil filter fell off or if it's just the F150 in front of you.

Or leaving the grocery store and noticing drippings under where you were parked wondering if your oil plug came out.

I just can't figure why it would make more valve noise just from using synthetic oil... doesn't make sense.

I will be using Rotella T Synthetic (or maybe even Delvac depeding on price) after my 2nd oil change.. you'll be sure to hear from me as well. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1 for a month(1000) miles now and haven't heard any valve train noise iat all. I think it runs smother, but nothing else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts