Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know if anyone has had a differential go out on them after they have installed a trutrac?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Only heard of a problem with the seals post install....and nissan's fix is to swap out the entire axle...bye bye trutrac after that.

This was probably caused by overheating of the previous stock differential..but it's hard to say for sure...especially for an idiot like me.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Detroit reported an incredibly low failure rate. I'd suspect most by poor install/setup. It numbered less than 200 IIRC out of many many thousands. Get it done by a good shop, and never worry about it again. I hope to get it by July. No one on the 2 major Titan sites has reported a failure that I ever saw.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wondering because i am thinking of buying and 07 and if i do i might just throw a trutrac and a stillen diff cover in right after i buy it just to save myself alot of headache.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
GR8WHITE said:
Just wondering because i am thinking of buying and 07 and if i do i might just throw a trutrac and a stillen diff cover in right after i buy it just to save myself alot of headache.
The only reported problem I've heard of is whipping the grin of your face after install. Go for it, it's my favorite mod.
:rockon

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
adavis99 said:
Only heard of a problem with the seals post install....and nissan's fix is to swap out the entire axle...bye bye trutrac after that.

This was probably caused by overheating of the previous stock differential..but it's hard to say for sure...especially for an idiot like me.
Not true. My dealer replaced the seal, spacer and bearing in less than 1/2 a day. My truck was dropped off at 8:00am and got a call it was ready at 1:00. This included flushing and refilling the diff and replacing a valve on the evap cannister. From what I have read, not all dealerships are created equal. So far so good. Time will tell I guess. All looks in order visually.

It is definitely my original axle as the only clean bolts were on the side with the seal and bearing replaced.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If the seals go, they replace the seals. If the gears go, they replace the whole axle.

I haven't had a single problem of any kind so far with my truck. I do have a couple of small bubbles in the bedliner and the bedliner has faded a bit, but those haven't concerned me yet. I have the Nissan extended warranty, I figured that to be prudent since it was a brand new model. So far, that hasn't been a wise investment, but the truck sure has been.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you guys think about cst spindle lift with coilovers and 35" tires on xe without tow package with trutrac for towing my boat a couple of times a year. Btw the boat weighs about 5-6,000 lbs.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The True Trac will be fine. Remember, you are not changing the ratio, so take it easy, don't exceed the ratings of the Titan, realize loss of torque from larger tires too. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Seems silly to me to go with bigger tires, smaller gears, and want to tow a boat...but that's just me.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am only towing the boat about 10 miles to the river and 10 miles back home maybe 5 or 6 times a year and it will mostly be driven on the weekends just to go riding with my raptor 700 in the bed.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Then you really have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I got my TruTrac installed @ 28,000 and I now have 56,000......a whole lot of those miles spinning the tires on dry pavement....no issues as of yet.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You will be fine towing with 35's..I towed at 8000 pounder enclosed trailer ALOT and far when mine had the cst lift on 35's...just go easy..let the truck pull it dont try and Hot Rod it.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts