Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i know everyone recommends tech12volt as the best guy to go to. and im sure ill send up buyin from him, but you cant blame me for shoppin around.

just browsin on ebay, and came across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

Rodney's Custom Speaker Boxes!!!
he uses kicker subs and amp. seems like an ok deal if its quality work. but thats what im worried about. i have never been a fan of buyin expensive stuff on ebay, so i just wanted to check and see if anybody has bought one of his boxes. and im not too audio savvy, so i figured id let yall check it out and give me some input...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just call James and talk too him. I'm sure he'll take care of you and you won't have too worry about whether it's quality work or not.

·
Registered
41,353 Posts
^^good answer.

JAme's package deals are a good price too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was in the same shape as you were. I was looking around everywhere for a system for my son's CC Titan. I am not savy either on the whole audio thing even though I work for GE on control systems that control 12 million dollar aeroderrivitive gas turbine engines.

I shopped around and also looked at all of the enclosures offered at local audio shops and on ebay. I did my home work and after checking out T12V's history and realized that he only supplies something that meets his strict standards I decided to buy from him.

Just yesterday the enclosure and subs arrived, the Sundown amp arrived earlier, I can't tell you how impressed I am with the quality work that he does. Just this afternoon I had my neighbor who is a big time tech nut come over and he also was impressed with the enclosure. The box is made to spec for the subs and the insides are coated with epoxy resin to guaranty that they don't leak.

Also the enclosure matches his truck perfectly and having the embossed "TITAN" on the front gives it the customized look instead of just a box sitting under the seat. He will put anything you want up to 9 characters, I was thinking "DREW DADDY" but thought twice about it if/when he decides to get rid of his truck....lol

I also did alot of reading on the Sundown amps, I like everything that I have read so far. I like electronics that are designed to perform and everything that I have read about Sundown amps I like.

We are installing my son's system this weekend and I can't tell you how much I appreciated being able to get information from James either through pm's on here or on the phone. He has answered every dumb question I have and I just get the feeling that he really cares about each and every customer and goes out of the way to help make their purchase perform the way it was designed.

Are there cheaper stuff out there, hell yea there is, I am just glad that I found this forum and that Tech12volt happened to have exactly what I needed, not just hardware but old time customer support that is rare these days.

Shop around but if you want quality for your hard earned money, then I highly recommend buying from James. He will take care of you just like he has done for me and my son!

And if you are wondering, I joined this forum to do exactly what you are doing and have no ties to no-one, I am just relaying you my experience from these last couple of weeks.

BMF

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
First off thanks guys for your support. It seems everyone has some miracle Titan enclosure now. LOL Well hers the skinny on Rodney . First those subs need way more airspace than that enclosure has to offer. You need a minimum of 1.5 for a kicker comp 12 to sound decent. ANd unlike some woofers you can cut a little of airspace and get buy with it. The comps are not this way. they actually work best 2 cu foot per driver.

The carpet on the enclosure is trunkliner . Which you would find in the trunk of most american cars. And no your Titan does not have it and it will not match. This is a prefab enclosure you can find on ebay for around 49 dollars before shipping.

I do not know rodney and have never heard one of his enclosures but i know kicker and theres no way this can sound worth a crap in a Titan. But he will probably sell 10 of them this week due to this post. I am sure he will appreciate the free advertising.

I build quality and sell quality. I can only assume you bought your Titan for the same reason i bought mine. It was not the cheapest truck i could buy. But it was the best I quality i could find for the money. And if you get stuck installing it or if your installer screws up and blows a sub which just happened to one of my customers is rodney going to warranty it for you. I have no clue. But i know I will, even if it cost me money to do so . ANd my number is given to everyone of my customer and i have got up from a dead sleep at 1 am to help a guy adjust his amp over the phone. . He was in alaska and did not think about the time difference. It was no big deal its just customer service. Also I am a sponsor on this forum and try to help any member on here if I can. Thanks again for your support.

And if any of you feel like you have to have this setup. i will match rodneys price.But i do not recommend these subs I am a kicker dealer as well. box will look just like his and all the same components. for 399 plus shipping.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i already knew that tech12volts box would be way better, even if rodneys was good quality. i was in no way questioning james' stuff that he sells, or the customer service that he has. i have heard absolutely nothin bad about him. and i wasnt advertising for this guy either. i was just askin to see if anyone had bought from him...to see what kinda stuff he has. and im not sayin that i must have this setup. i said that im not audio savvy, so i dont know whats good and what aint good. it just looked like a good setup with a good price. and im guessin from what james just said, that its not. so i appreciate the help and input.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
fishinfrenzi15 said:
well i already knew that tech12volts box would be way better, even if rodneys was good quality. i was in no way questioning james' stuff that he sells, or the customer service that he has. i have heard absolutely nothin bad about him. and i wasnt advertising for this guy either. i was just askin to see if anyone had bought from him...to see what kinda stuff he has. and im not sayin that i must have this setup. i said that im not audio savvy, so i dont know whats good and what aint good. it just looked like a good setup with a good price. and im guessin from what james just said, that its not. so i appreciate the help and input.
I understand what you are saying. It does seem like a good deal . But honestly you could spend the same money and get much better that would work in the vehicle. I also uderstand the reason you posted this and i know it was not your intention to give this guys free advertisement . It was a joke, but thats exactly what he just got. It happened to me before i got to be a sponsor and trust me his sales will jump this week. If there is anything you need help bro , feel free to hit me up and I promise you I will not sale you something just to make a sale. And i will not sale you anything I would not have in my own vehicle without warning you about it first. I could do a sundown complete system sub amp and everything for the same price as rodney with one of my enclosures. Sundown has a blowout on sd1v1 right now and they are a much better sub.

·
Registered
300 Posts
fishinfrenzi15 said:
I feel where you are coming from dude and I say just continue to do your homework and do what makes you feel best. I was in the same boat as you just a few weeks ago and I wanted to stay open minded about my purchase. I could tell you that I can save you a lot of home work and just get a setup from James but you don't know me from a whole in the wall.

I will tell you that I spent close to a month doing research, reading and going to audio shops. I talked to some pretty knowledgeable people, even a guy who had a sick install that he did that was featured in an issue of Dub Mag. But when it was all said and done, all roads led back to James. I just put my order in about a week ago but I know that I have already accomplished one of my biggest tasks and that was to feel great about how I was spending my money. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas now. Good Luck in whatever you decide.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
ecrawford said:
I feel where you are coming from dude and I say just continue to do your homework and do what makes you feel best. I was in the same boat as you just a few weeks ago and I wanted to stay open minded about my purchase. I could tell you that I can save you a lot of home work and just get a setup from James but you don't know me from a whole in the wall.

I will tell you that I spent close to a month doing research, reading and going to audio shops. I talked to some pretty knowledgeable people, even a guy who had a sick install that he did that was featured in an issue of Dub Mag. But when it was all said and done, all roads led back to James. I just put my order in about a week ago but I know that I have already accomplished one of my biggest tasks and that was to feel great about how I was spending my money. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas now. Good Luck in whatever you decide.
He is not joking. This guy is the KING OF RESEARCH. And you should be if you are spending your hard earned money. The only people scared of inetlligent customers are the guys that are selling BS and do not know what they are doing. The more you know about enclosures and car audio the better I look. Thanks again everyone for your support. And Rcraw your enclosure is curing niceley.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tech12volt said:
I could do a sundown complete system sub amp and everything for the same price as rodney with one of my enclosures. Sundown has a blowout on sd1v1 right now and they are a much better sub.
so you could do all that for 400 w/o installation?????
if so, i am definitely interested. how much is the usual install?

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
fishinfrenzi15 said:
so you could do all that for 400 w/o installation?????
if so, i am definitely interested. how much is the usual install?
100 bucks will cover it.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet....well, ill need to check on the funds and everything. im a college student, so 99% of my money goes straight to that. maybe ill be able to get somethin for christmas. but ill def be gettin up with ya james!

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
fishinfrenzi15 said:
sweet....well, ill need to check on the funds and everything. im a college student, so 99% of my money goes straight to that. maybe ill be able to get somethin for christmas. but ill def be gettin up with ya james!
If you decide to drive up give me a shout atleat 7 days ahead of time . this way i can make sure everything si ready before you drive up. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Fck prefab. May as well buy a damn probox or some sh!t... Rodney sells a lot of these setups for different vehicles but they don't even come close to what tech12volts sells/builds. Rodney uses cheap Kicker subs, cheap kicker amps, cheap amp kits and cheap Audio Enhancers enclosures. I am sure Rodney is a good seller and his buyers are happy with their purchase but from an installers point of view its a ****ing joke... Goes to show most people wouldn't know quality if it slapped them in the face.

·
Registered
300 Posts
tech12volt said:
He is not joking. This guy is the KING OF RESEARCH. And you should be if you are spending your hard earned money. The only people scared of inetlligent customers are the guys that are selling BS and do not know what they are doing. The more you know about enclosures and car audio the better I look. Thanks again everyone for your support. And Rcraw your enclosure is curing niceley.
Sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on this beast. I'll send you a PM at the start of next month for the Sundown 1500 also.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
ecrawford said:
Sweet! I can't wait to get my hands on this beast. I'll send you a PM at the start of next month for the Sundown 1500 also.
thanks bro.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
ecrawford said:

The what??? I think I read that right, you are ordering a Sundown 1500.... glad to see you came to your senses and realized we werent just pushing them for no reason... haha jk man, Glad to have you on the Sundown team, umm wait a minute, I dont have one yet but I will when Jacob builds mine..... RIGHT JACOB :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
just got install my 2-10" with custom box for tech(james) all i can say is damn....box is top notch..reinforced box....he even referred me to a lowwer price place to get the subs i wanted...great guy...great box and good price for the work done hand made from fellow titan owner

what else reason do you need!!! cant go wrong.....my 2 cents:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
nyc07_king.titan said:
just got install my 2-10" with custom box for tech(james) all i can say is damn....box is top notch..reinforced box....he even referred me to a lowwer price place to get the subs i wanted...great guy...great box and good price for the work done hand made from fellow titan owner

what else reason do you need!!! cant go wrong.....my 2 cents:cheers:

Thanks man thats good to hear.

·
Registered
300 Posts
t22a80 said:
The what??? I think I read that right, you are ordering a Sundown 1500.... glad to see you came to your senses and realized we werent just pushing them for no reason... haha jk man, Glad to have you on the Sundown team, umm wait a minute, I dont have one yet but I will when Jacob builds mine..... RIGHT JACOB :)
Let's just say that I'm a feel and learn type of guy. Once I got to put my hands on the Sundowns and hear/watch them perform I was sold. It was your advice and others that got me to check them out....thanks for the good advice!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts