Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
Spoke with the manager, and I'm glad to report that he has accepted that his tech scratched the paint during service. Am hopefully going to schedule something next week as he stated that they'll need to keep the vehicle for at least a day. I would like to know how his tech managed to scratch the panel in 3 places. Also a little annoying that the manager stated that his techs have scratched other vehicles. It makes me wonder what those derps are doing back in the service bay.
You don't want to know. Bad things happen in the service bay.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You don't want to know. Bad things happen in the service bay.
Oh I have an idea. My other car has a dashcam and I've seen some of the foolishness. I took my car to a bodyshop to get some paint work done, and the jackhole just revved my engine repeatedly. It's like they don't care that it belongs to someone else.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
Oh I have an idea. My other car has a dashcam and I've seen some of the foolishness. I took my car to a bodyshop to get some paint work done, and the jackhole just revved my engine repeatedly. It's like they don't care that it belongs to someone else.
I know what ya mean. I take my custom center caps off when I go in for service. I'm behind enemy lines down here, and I don't want some doofus sports fan messing with them. They don't respect other people's property and are oblivious to how much these vehicles and accessories mean to us. I always dread going to the dealer for service. More so than the dentist and Novocain free root canal. Just never goes well.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
It's not only automobiles that have gone tech crazy. My lawn mower and grill are bluetooth/wifi.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It's not only automobiles that have gone tech crazy. My lawn mower and grill are bluetooth/wifi.
Did you mean to post this in the "interesting features" thread? But to your point, might be careful with what items you get that are "smart" Hackers Make the First-Ever Ransomware for Smart Thermostats If this is the incident I'm thinking about, someone cranked up a home owner's thermostat in the summer to over 90 degrees and demanded a ransom be paid. IMO, I would've just disconnected the device.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
Did you mean to post this in the "interesting features" thread? But to your point, might be careful with what items you get that are "smart" Hackers Make the First-Ever Ransomware for Smart Thermostats If this is the incident I'm thinking about, someone cranked up a home owner's thermostat in the summer to over 90 degrees and demanded a ransom be paid. IMO, I would've just disconnected the device.
I probably lost track of threads. This was just a random thought to everything adding technology, and some customer service rep trying to explain this stuff to the general public. Totally unnecessary complications to basic equipment. Just more reasons to jack up prices. I use neither and never plan to. I don't need an app telling me I'm using the wrong cutting pattern on my lawn, or my smoker temperature is off. Just useless features everywhere now.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I got an email from the service department at my local dealer that my 2019 was past its service date. Was this mean?

"I appreciate the maintenance reminder, but I have been taking the truck to another dealership for service. My experiences at your service department have been disastrous. Please note it has been multiple experiences that have left me frustrated. The commonality in the experiences have been Danielle Baggett. There is a long list of unsatisfactory encounters with her. My last visit was another situation that didn't go as planned because of her, but Tyreek sorted it out for me. He did well. He was not having a good day, but he handled it very well. I was very pleased with his effort. Luckily Danielle was not there yet.

I do not care to explain the many instances that have happened, but I will plainly state that I will not come back to your service department while she is there. I don't want to see her, and most certainly not talk to her.

It is extremely inconvenient for me to go elsewhere. I live five minutes from your dealership. It is worth the effort to avoid another interaction with Danielle."

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I got an email from the service department at my local dealer that my 2019 was past its service date. Was this mean?

"I appreciate the maintenance reminder, but I have been taking the truck to another dealership for service. My experiences at your service department have been disastrous. Please note it has been multiple experiences that have left me frustrated. The commonality in the experiences have been Danielle Baggett. There is a long list of unsatisfactory encounters with her. My last visit was another situation that didn't go as planned because of her, but Tyreek sorted it out for me. He did well. He was not having a good day, but he handled it very well. I was very pleased with his effort. Luckily Danielle was not there yet.

I do not care to explain the many instances that have happened, but I will plainly state that I will not come back to your service department while she is there. I don't want to see her, and most certainly not talk to her.

It is extremely inconvenient for me to go elsewhere. I live five minutes from your dealership. It is worth the effort to avoid another interaction with Danielle."

🤷‍♂️
What I tend to do when I talk to a service manager is I don't like to name names. If a service manager is serious about my complaints, he/she will check my history and see who did what and who I engaged with. Sometimes managers are not engaged and can be just as guilty of being lazy. I figure this gives them some work, and makes sure that they engage their subordinates to find out what's going on.

In your example, it makes me wonder if Danielle may be working extra because the other service advisors are goofing around or aren't pulling their weight, which means Danielle may be having to do more which might make her resentful at her co-workers, but is indirectly taking it out on you. I figure this will give the manager an opportunity to get Danielle's side. Although, if she was just outright nasty to you and unprofessional, then yeah I'd definitely be perfectly fine with putting her on blast, but that only seems to happen on the rarest of occasions. I figure this would allow the manager to manage, which is essentially what they're supposed to do.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
What I tend to do when I talk to a service manager is I don't like to name names. If a service manager is serious about my complaints, he/she will check my history and see who did what and who I engaged with. Sometimes managers are not engaged and can be just as guilty of being lazy. I figure this gives them some work, and makes sure that they engage their subordinates to find out what's going on.

In your example, it makes me wonder if Danielle may be working extra because the other service advisors are goofing around or aren't pulling their weight, which means Danielle may be having to do more which might make her resentful at her co-workers, but is indirectly taking it out on you. I figure this will give the manager an opportunity to get Danielle's side. Although, if she was just outright nasty to you and unprofessional, then yeah I'd definitely be perfectly fine with putting her on blast, but that only seems to happen on the rarest of occasions. I figure this would allow the manager to manage, which is essentially what they're supposed to do.
I thought very hard about not putting her name in there. Not how I like to do things either. I also wanted to mention the other service advisor because he was in quite a mess the morning I went in. He was there alone, dealing with other customers, and some wisecracking salesman had parked a used car in front of the service door the night before with no keys. Not a good situation at all, but he remained professional. I cannot begin to speculate why she acted like she did. She wasn't mean. Quite polite actually. Just seemed bad at her job. Very bad. I can take some incompetency, but when lies and deception are insulting my intelligence, the gloves come off. Plus, I had walked away. When I got the service reminder directly from the service manager, I spoke my mind.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I thought very hard about not putting her name in there. Not how I like to do things either. I also wanted to mention the other service advisor because he was in quite a mess the morning I went in. He was there alone, dealing with other customers, and some wisecracking salesman had parked a used car in front of the service door the night before with no keys. Not a good situation at all, but he remained professional. I cannot begin to speculate why she acted like she did. She wasn't mean. Quite polite actually. Just seemed bad at her job. Very bad. I can take some incompetency, but when lies and deception are insulting my intelligence, the gloves come off. Plus, I had walked away. When I got the service reminder directly from the service manager, I spoke my mind.
Oh I understand that. My first experience with Texas Nissan (Grapevine, Texas) was with the first recall and the wiring harness. I called to see if they could replace the part with my first visit or if it required more. The advisor over the phone told me that it could be replaced and when I got to the dealership, another advisor told me that they'd have to inspect the vehicle and then order the parts (essentially make 2 trips). When I told the one advisor what the other had told me, his response was "He's new and doesn't know anything". So when I spoke to the other advisor, I told him what his co-worker told me. He gave me this look as if he wanted to tell me that the other advisor was full of ####. I posted my experience online, and my phone immediately blew up shortly after my post. Funny how responsive they seem to be when it's out there for everyone to see.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Just an update, they attempted a touch-up and it looks like they just filled the scratches with paint. The lifted edges of the scratch are still there so they are just going to repaint the fender. I kind of hate them going through all this, but I guess this costing the dealership may make them communicate to their technicians about how to remove parts without damaging the surrounding area. I'm going to get it done later as for some strange reason we are dealing with "monsoonal type" weather in the DFW area.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
Same weather here. Like a dang hurricane with the rain. Roads are flooding over into our yards

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
We got to walk into the house without needing a towel to dry off

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
The blue is pretty
It's a great color. I was worried that it was too dark and would show dirt more like the color black, but I'm surprised at how nice it looks even when it's dirty. I'll be honest, most of the colors that Nissan throws on the Titan are nice, even the White looks good (mostly in Pro-4X trim with the red and black contrast). When I saw this Titan on the dealer's lot, I think it was next to a white and a black Titan, so I think the dealership placed it strategically so that it stood out a bit, and sure enough it's the one that I told the salesman that I'd like to get.

Having said that, I sure hope the dealership can repaint it with no issues. I'm just a bit worried that they're going to redo the whole fender, which means the top molding will come off, the plastic decal will come off. It's sometimes difficult to match everything when it's done outside of the factory.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts