Nissan Titan Forum banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I'm still a little torn on how I feel about the interior. It's definitely different with all its shades of brown. Makes me feel like I'm in a doctor's or lawyer's office. Oh and please forgive the mess.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i think i can see what you are talking about on the door. it looks like its off a little

but, its still a good looking truck and its got the steps i like and i like the brushed grill too.

my wife doesn't like the brown interior but it looks higher end to me, like a king ranch ford. both of my son's like it too

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
i think i can see what you are talking about on the door. it looks like its off a little

but, its still a good looking truck and its got the steps i like and i like the brushed grill too.

my wife doesn't like the brown interior but it looks higher end to me, like a king ranch ford. both of my son's like it too
Looks like Plantinum Reserve interior. If it is, that dude's loaded.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Looks like Plantinum Reserve interior. If it is, that dude's loaded.
It is, I went to the dealership that scratched the bumper as they had a red Pro-4X. I reached out to the sales team and told them, "Look your service department put a scratch on my rear bumper, and the red P4X on your lot has an option that I wanted on my P4X, what can you do to put me in that?" The guy came back and actually told me that he could put me in it for an extra $100 a month. He insisted that the vented seats and the sunroof was "substantially more truck than you're in right now".

So I looked at other trucks in the area, saw this white Platinum Reserve and called that dealership. That salesman was like, "We haven't had a sale in a week (they only had 3 Titans)" and claimed they were ready to deal. The truck was actually on the showroom floor when I got there, which might explain the door and the door ding. I'm sure the disgusting public walked around and treated the truck like the display furniture at Walmart. The transmission doesn't seem to be a problem, on my old P4X, the passenger visor didn't snap into place very well, and then there was the fluttering hood. This one seems better aside from the door and the chip on the door's edge.

Oh and this one is running me about $40 more a month as they matched my 0% from the P4X so it's about $3000 more for the length of the contract.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
sounds like a heck of a deal to me. pro4 to platinum reserve for 40 bucks a month more is something i would do

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
sounds like a heck of a deal to me. pro4 to platinum reserve for 40 bucks a month more is something i would do
I am hoping this one is in the shop less, but we're getting off to a bumpy start. I'll see if I can take a pic of the scratch here shortly.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
i keep thinking about moving to a newer one but i am scared because everyone keeps having issues with stuff. other then the tank whistling when filling, i don't think mine has any troubles and i feel like they would have a hard time getting the payment to anywhere near 499, like mine is right now

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
i keep thinking about moving to a newer one but i am scared because everyone keeps having issues with stuff. other then the tank whistling when filling, i don't think mine has any troubles and i feel like they would have a hard time getting the payment to anywhere near 499, like mine is right now
If you're paying anything near 3% interest, I would've said last year was the year to jump. Given that the dealerships are trying to leverage that chip shortage and bumping up MSRP, and not really offering 0% APR, I'd say that your window may have slipped away. When I saw this one MSRP at $66K and them having it down to $59K, I figured I'd better get into what I wanted now because I didn't want to get back into the market for at least another 2-3 years.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
I'm a year and half into my '19, so I'm holding up for a year or two. Dealer had a '19 Platinum Reserve when I went buying. I shopped awhile. The buying only took an hour. The PR was nice and interior was awesome, but the wheel combo was horrific. Nothing like what's on them now. The PR was actually priced under the 4x, but I have an unnatural attraction to red. The PR was white which would have worked, but I couldn't get passed those wheels.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
I'm a year and half into my '19, so I'm holding up for a year or two. Dealer had a '19 Platinum Reserve when I went buying. I shopped awhile. The buying only took an hour. The PR was nice and interior was awesome, but the wheel combo was horrific. Nothing like what's on them now. The PR was actually priced under the 4x, but I have an unnatural attraction to red. The PR was white which would have worked, but I couldn't get passed those wheels.
I thought for sure that the Nissan dealership was going to give me a deal on this one. I figured they'd give me at least a decent price and then they could figure out how to deal with the small scratch they put on it. Oh well, it's someone else's headache now.

I would've been fine with this red, although I am starting to appreciate the white. I told someone it's like a tuxedo....on the waitstaff at a restaurant. 😣

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
yup. they should be able to just loosen the striker bolt and move it in but who knows on stuff now days.

i have the same door paint dings on mine. i bought the little touch up pen in kad metallic grey and it surprisingly matched perfectly

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

I meant to ask, where do you see that the door is off? The salesman said he thinks the door is a little bit lower than the rear door, but I couldn't see what he saw.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts

in this picture, the top of the door and bottom look like they aren't level with the rest of the truck's doors/body around it

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

in this picture, the top of the door and bottom look like they aren't level with the rest of the truck's doors/body around it
Good eye. I can't for the life of me remember if I took this picture with the door completely shut or not, but you're right. I had to zoom in to see. I believe that's what the door shuts like when casually shutting it. I'm actually glad that I noticed both issues before I drove off.

The other thing that I found odd was that the phone was already paired with other peoples' phones. The only thing I can think of is that someone decided to pair their phones while getting into the vehicle as it sat in the showroom floor. The part that reassures me that the truck should be ok is that it only had about 19 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
It was dark when I finished my paperwork, and I refused to drive the truck home. They thought I was insane, but it was just for that reason. They wouldn't let me take my old truck either. After we declared an impasse, they gave me a loaner. Went back the next day. No damage, but the truck was covered in the adhesive from the vynl put on during shipping. I'm positive it wouldn't have been an issue if I brought it back for that though. Odd thing was it was a demo. Had 3300 miles. How impressive was that at the car show?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
2,797 Posts
The pairing is probably the salesmen while they are bored. I see them do it at the AutoNation lots here in corpus everytime I stop to look at cars

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
It was dark when I finished my paperwork, and I refused to drive the truck home. They thought I was insane, but it was just for that reason. They wouldn't let me take my old truck either. After we declared an impasse, they gave me a loaner. Went back the next day. No damage, but the truck was covered in the adhesive from the vynl put on during shipping. I'm positive it wouldn't have been an issue if I brought it back for that though. Odd thing was it was a demo. Had 3300 miles. How impressive was that at the car show?
Oh, I did forget to mention, when I "left my vehicle" a few days ago, that was actually when I made the deal. I was mostly trolling you guys about the dealer taking it off the lot (I know I'm an arze, what can I say. :p ) The reason I didn't take delivery until yesterday was because when I took it out for a test drive, the shifter was extremely hard to shift. The salesman claimed that it would get better after a few days, but I insisted that they look at it. I also noticed that there was a plastic piece missing on the steering column. Sure enough, their service manager said that there was something missing in the column shifter and said it was an important piece and that it was a safety mechanism. That's why I was given a Rogue loaner, just like your situation, as they wouldn't allow me to take my P4X as it was technically "theirs" now.

As I stated, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, but for now, I'm a little more pleased with this truck not to mention the fact that there's no scratch on the rear bumper.

On a side note, I still have all the backpack stuff and accessories from the old Pro-4X. They didn't seem too concerned with asking for it, so I don't feel too obliged to return it. I guess I'll see how they fix my door.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
166 Posts
:sneaky::sneaky:
Oh, I did forget to mention, when I "left my vehicle" a few days ago, that was actually when I made the deal. I was mostly trolling you guys about the dealer taking it off the lot (I know I'm an arze, what can I say. :p ) The reason I didn't take delivery until yesterday was because when I took it out for a test drive, the shifter was extremely hard to shift. The salesman claimed that it would get better after a few days, but I insisted that they look at it. I also noticed that there was a plastic piece missing on the steering column. Sure enough, their service manager said that there was something missing in the column shifter and said it was an important piece and that it was a safety mechanism. That's why I was given a Rogue loaner, just like your situation, as they wouldn't allow me to take my P4X as it was technically "theirs" now.

As I stated, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come, but for now, I'm a little more pleased with this truck not to mention the fact that there's no scratch on the rear bumper.

On a side note, I still have all the backpack stuff and accessories from the old Pro-4X. They didn't seem too concerned with asking for it, so I don't feel too obliged to return it. I guess I'll see how they fix my door.
That's just mean. Funny, but mean. We really almost cared. :)

61 - 80 of 90 Posts