Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think i'm going to order one. I was wondering how they might look painted instead of black.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
but then you have to worry about chips on the bug visor....

then you'll need a bug-visor visor

·
Super Moderator
93,609 Posts
adavis99 said:
but then you have to worry about chips on the bug visor....

then you'll need a bug-visor visor
Buy a clear one and paint the back!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm not really worried if the visor gets chips. I just don't want to get anymore chips on the hood. I put a thick coat of clear on the visor to help with the chips if i get one.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Usually you paint the back of the clear sheild so you don't have to worry about chips anyway, a few people have them around here can't remember who though.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I did mine and it looks pretty sharp. I got clear and had 'Smoke' painted on the back. I posted a picture of it once but it was awhile ago... I'll try to find it or I'll snap another and post it here.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Yes I Was Thinking Thae Same ... If U Could Find That Pic Or Take Another One That Would Be Great I Have A Smoke 05 Cc Myself Thaks..

·
Registered
940 Posts
That Was Fast .. Lol Looks Great Were Did U Get The Clear One From?and How Much?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I got a lund... I seem to remember the shield was only about $60. I have a friend who runs a body shop and he only charged me the cost of the paint and setup which was about $40 and a case of beer for the guy who sprayed it.

Come to think of it, it's been over two years now and it still looks great. It stays on in the carwash and has never come loose or been damaged from rocks or anything.

It's actually the only 'mod' I've ever done to my truck... It was so cheap and easy I figured the only direction to go was down so I've never done anything else...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks Yeah I Dont Care For The Shield Look But The Chips An Couple Of Dings On The Hood From Rocks Is Reall Starting To Look Like Shat So The Painted One Will Loook Good Then ..thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They also sell a clear vinyl sheeting that you can put on your truck that acts as a bra. its hardly noticeable. And if you dont want to pay the high price for the precut pieces, you could just pickup a roll of it for pretty cheap. I bought a roll that is about 6 inches thick and about 30 yards or so long for about $20.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts