Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I get in/out of the drivers seat and often when I am just adjusting my seating position the lumbar support makes a popping sound from inside the seat and I can feel it move slightly. I've tried adjusting it to see if the problem goes away but nothing seems to help. This is in a 2008 CC SE model with cloth bucket seats. Anyone else have the same thing happen? Just wanted to see if this is a unique problem before taking it to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Mine is fine in my '07 CC

·
Registered
81 Posts
yes, my 06 does it when i push back on seat as in when my cell phone rings and i am in drivers seat. I have to push leg strainght and reach into right front pant pocket, and the seat pops everytime. i have never found anything loose though...

·
Registered
66 Posts
My '07 CC LE does it when you push back hard against the seat. What it is on mine is the headrest clicking up 1 notch each time I do it and you can feel a "pop" each time. Maybe that's what's on yours. Try putting your headrest down all the way and then push back like you are getting something out of you front pocket and see if you headrest pops up a notch.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tshot2 said:
My '07 CC LE does it when you push back hard against the seat. What it is on mine is the headrest clicking up 1 notch each time I do it and you can feel a "pop" each time. Maybe that's what's on yours. Try putting your headrest down all the way and then push back like you are getting something out of you front pocket and see if you headrest pops up a notch.
Actually my headrests used to do what you descrived but I replaced the stock ones with built in 7" dvd screens and it doesn't click up anymore probably because the headrests are a good bit heavier with the screens in them. The pop I'm feeling is definately coming from the lumbar area of the seat. Looks like I'm not the only person that's noticed it. Anyone have a fix for it or I am the only one that is bothered enough by it?

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I have the exact same setup and mine does the exact same thing. I choose to ignore it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
bills1974 said:
I'm not having any problems with my drivers seat. It's my passengers seat that won't stop squeaking!
On mine that was caused by the seat support bolts. If you have the pass arm rest down and you tap on the end of it (and it squeaks)...that mimiced the constant squeaking I had while driving. Took 2 trips to the dealer for them to correct it though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
tshot2 said:
My '07 CC LE does it when you push back hard against the seat. What it is on mine is the headrest clicking up 1 notch each time I do it.
man i can't believe that mine does the same thing and i could not figure out why my headrest always seemed to go up a few notches every now and them i never put 2n2 together that it was my headrest making the popping sound WOW!!!!!!!!!! i feel like a moron for not catching that thanks tshot2 for helping me clear out the stupid in me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.