Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an appt on the 25th to have a body shop take my bumber apart then I'm getting it Powder Coated. This factory paint aint holding up. Maybe its my 106 mile round trip commute to work. Ehh nah that aint it. **** paint!! Don't worry Nissan, I'll get it done the right way on my dime.

·
Registered
303 Posts
That was one of the common complaints when I was looking is the poor quality of the paint. Chips in the paint are common in a lot of trucks.

·
Registered
'21 PR '20 P4X (sld) '06 SE (sld) '16 SS
1,042 Posts
Yikes, looks like you drove behind a gravel truck while it was dumping its load. What kind of roads do you drive in? My neighborhood's roads are getting repaved, and I hate even driving in that.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
make sure you clear wrap it with 3m or something or it'll happen again.

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Get it bedlined or painted and expel film.

Clint

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Damn my 20’ with almost 17k doesn't even have a chip.. I just checked. Have a few chips on the hood….

My 04’ Titans paint would chip if a large gust of wind hit it…

·
Registered
2018 Titan Pro4x CC
82 Posts
I used Vvivid PPF and Vvivod vinyl wrap. Before that 1 week ans 3 major chips. Heck it may be chipping below the wrap, at least I don’t have to see it. I also have used truck bed liner on certain parts, tailgate handle, bed top rails, bottom window trim and step bars next.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yikes, looks like you drove behind a gravel truck while it was dumping its load. What kind of roads do you drive in? My neighborhood's roads are getting repaved, and I hate even driving in that.
I-24 for about 47 miles a day one way about an additional 6 getting to the interstate and off the interstate.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn my 20’ with almost 17k doesn't even have a chip.. I just checked. Have a few chips on the hood….

My 04’ Titans paint would chip if a large gust of wind hit it…
I think the difference is most people are driving local and at lower speeds. Im on the interstate daily for a total of 106 miles. My truck is 11 months old and has 30,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The road salt doesn't help things either but you'd think Nissan would have at least put a micron thick layer of galvanic protection to retard the rust for a year or two…

·
Registered
68 Posts
All of the paint chips that I have are from when semis would pass me pulling my travel trailer. We had to haul it in March and then again in November. The road debris picked up by them is what did it. It actually looks like someone shotgun blasted my hood. I understand having a chip or two, but this is the worse paint of any vehicle that I have ever owned. I could even understand if I was a tailgater, but I am the one everyone always cuts in front of because I leave proper spacing. The paint and head unit are my only true complaints, otherwise I love my truck.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
44 Posts
This is a good reminder for me to do a spray on coating for my truck before i put any miles on it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This is a good reminder for me to do a spray on coating for my truck before i put any miles on it.
I looked into the clear bra when I bought mine because of the complaints about poor paint, but didn’t get it scheduled before I put the miles on.

Probably still gonna do it in the near future though. It’s spendy, but definitely seems worth it with this truck.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
44 Posts
I looked into the clear bra when I bought mine because of the complaints about poor paint, but didn’t get it scheduled before I put the miles on.

Probably still gonna do it in the near future though. It’s spendy, but definitely seems worth it with this truck.
Not expensive. Just use Plasti dip spray. They have a really nice looking rim coating material. Likely look great on this metal part of the truck. I'd plan on tearing off the old and putting a new one on every year.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
My front bumper is like that on my 2018. This is where Nissan Fuct up. Can't believe they screwed this up.

The rear bumper is a painted plastic piece that wraps the steel bumper underneath. The front bumper...which sees every rock, bug and everything else is painted steel. No plastic wrap at all. It's a bad idea on their part. The front bumper should have been plastic wrapped like the Gen1 Titan and every other fricken car out there. Then it wouldn't rust from paint chips.

Not sure why they wrapped the rear bumper in plastic and left the front bumper vulnerable to paint chips and rust.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not expensive. Just use Plasti dip spray. They have a really nice looking rim coating material. Likely look great on this metal part of the truck. I'd plan on tearing off the old and putting a new one on every year.
I meant the Clear Bra is expensive. As for Plasti Dip, I have no issues with it at all. I dipped my entire mustang in July ‘18 and it still looks as good as the day I did it.

Lots of people bag on for having poor results, but that’s due to their own stupidity or laziness and doing it wrong.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
44 Posts
View attachment 551367

I meant the Clear Bra is expensive. As for Plasti Dip, I have no issues with it at all. I dipped my entire mustang in July ‘18 and it still looks as good as the day I did it.

Lots of people bag on for having poor results, but that’s due to their own stupidity or laziness and doing it wrong.
Nice. I like that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts