Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 P4X
74 Posts
ya..something..chips right away..and our good friend rust next.
It looks pretty good. I'll get some shots when it's all back together.
Bug guard has been on backorder for a while. Eager to put that on.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
74 Posts
About 16hrs in. Stuff is still kinda tacky. Hoping it sets up soon. I'm leaving it out in the sun....but headed out to my wooded property this afternoon and i'm sure to hit some bugs on the way there and back.

Reactions: busemans

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
Where’s the pictures? 😉

Clint

·
Registered
2021 P4X
74 Posts
Where’s the pictures? 😉

Clint
Here you are. All back together. A few bugs on both the grill and bumper.
It matches the grill so closely, I bet no one would ever notice unless they really know these trucks or started rubbing you bumper. In that case..you got bigger fish to fry.. 🤣

20210726_191923.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,494 Posts
It matches the grill so closely, I bet no one would ever notice unless they really know these trucks or started rubbing you bumper. In that case..you got bigger fish to fry.. 🤣

View attachment 553197
Looks very nice.

Clint

Reactions: Sportbikerider

·
Registered
211 Posts
Anyone who wants to do this should do it as soon as possible. Chips will show through whatever you cover it with. Best to protect it before it gets them. My hood has 5-6 chips straight to the metal. Wish I’d had it ceramic coated or wrapped, but I didn’t know the paint would just fall off. Have a chrome bumper though. No damage there. Chrome doesn’t look the sportiest, but it holds up.

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Nissan wrapped the rear bumper in plastic and painted it. The rear bumper receives the least amount of head on abuse from rocks flying up and hitting it.

Why they didn't do the same on the front bumper of the 2nd generation Titan baffles me. The 1st generation was plastic wrapped in the mid section and the ends were chrome plated. I never had any issues with the bumper on my gen1 Titan.

Any person with lick of common sense would know that giving us a steel painted front bumper is a bad idea.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Here is my front bumper and tow hooks after 3 years. All of the orange spots are paint chips and rust.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great! Now I got to get the buggy wrapped LOL. My passenger side tow hook was chipped when I bought it and they said they would fix it. Better call them tomorrow and get it fixed while it's in the shop. Thanks for reminding me!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yeah I learned from my old BMW that painted metal on a forward facing surface doesn't end well. I got a clear bra applied right when I bought my truck. 40k miles now and the front end looks brand new.

·
Registered
2020 Pro-4x CC Baja Storm
23 Posts

View attachment 553197
Agreed, very nice! Did you use the Luxury Metal & the Glossifier, how many cans of each?
Does the can gun make a big difference? I color matched my beater trucks bumper a couple years ago and it turned out pretty dang well just holding the spray can back 10" or so but that was pretty much regular spay paint other than being designed specifically as touch-up paint. But I've not yet used Plasti-Dip, is it similar to the rubber rattle can DIY undercoating stuff? I've heard that stuff just holds the moisture in so I've not used it on my vehicles but I do like to spray the inside of deer blinds with it as long as it's got time to off gas, sound deadens nicely.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Plasti dip works well if you prep the surface correctly and make sure it’s dry before application. Wet surfaces will ruin it. Many people complain about it after doing piss poor prep. Somehow that’s the products fault.

I did my whole mustang in plasti dip and it is still holding up great after three years.

·
Registered
2021 P4X
74 Posts
Agreed, very nice! Did you use the Luxury Metal & the Glossifier, how many cans of each?
Does the can gun make a big difference? I color matched my beater trucks bumper a couple years ago and it turned out pretty dang well just holding the spray can back 10" or so but that was pretty much regular spay paint other than being designed specifically as touch-up paint. But I've not yet used Plasti-Dip, is it similar to the rubber rattle can DIY undercoating stuff? I've heard that stuff just holds the moisture in so I've not used it on my vehicles but I do like to spray the inside of deer blinds with it as long as it's got time to off gas, sound deadens nicely.
Thanks. I honestly didn't put any more work into it other than cleaning and drying really well.
I used nothing other than the can of product. 4 coats. Waiting 1-3hrs between coats.
If i get some spots that peel or have issues...i will redo it or touch up. I'm really not too concerned how it looks since I can just peel it off.

With the amount of bugs I hit here in the summer...I might have to re apply before winter.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts