Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Agreed^^^ That way, you get a muffler that you know to be good and our stock piping is good out the box...

·
Registered
14,115 Posts
stock isnt stainless. that system looks nice but the muffler looks like some flowmaster muffler. idk. you should buy it and tell us how it sounds.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unlike the Flowmaster, from what I've read, this one has no baffles and is a straight thru design. The OEM set up is made of cheap tin, not stainless. Mine, after only 29k miles, is rotted out. I may have to try it out and see what happens.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah this salty road shyt doesn't help. But Nissan is cutting costs nowadays. I know the drive shaft on my 08 has all surface rust whereas my 04 had a stainless driveshaft that looked brand new when I traded it in. I'm not really looking for a louder exhaust or more power (BS claims anyhow usually) I just want to replace the rotting POS stock pieces so....we'll see.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Be the first to test it out, honesty, an exhaust is an exhaust. Unless you get a Bank's, most exhaust will usually improve mid range tq. Other than that, I usually stick with a stock exhaust. I'm not into modding my truck anymore, but I use to have a banks, enjoyed it for a year, then sold it..and sold the super chips, and intake too. A 1/4 mile of 15.03251 in the right temp, humidity, wind, and conditions........f--k that. Sorry. Plus, stock gets better gas mileage :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
i love my stock exhaust with Spintech muffler...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts