Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some extra cash and have the noisy/whiney rear end on my truck...anyways has anyone put a truetrac on their truck before the warrenty was up? I have 56xxx on my truck and I am looking for some guidance.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Assuming you have an 04-07, I would try to get the dealer to install a new 04-07 rear end under warranty, then immediately have the truetrac installed. That way you would have brand new ring/pinion/bearings & seals. Nissan doesn't sell the ring & pinion gear set by itself. The problem is that the dealer might want to put in an 08+ rear axle which has axle shafts that won't fit the truetrac.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i left that part out, I do have an 07. I just saw another axel seal leak on the driver side this time. So while it is there getting fixed maybe i can pick their brains about getting an 07 rear end. If not should I tell them to forget about the rear end and then install a truetrac?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
sorry i left that part out, I do have an 07. I just saw another axel seal leak on the driver side this time. So while it is there getting fixed maybe i can pick their brains about getting an 07 rear end. If not should I tell them to forget about the rear end and then install a truetrac?
The problem would be if the ring and pinion are worn, causing the whining. You can't buy a new ring & pinion set from Nissan. You might be able to get a good used set from Arizona Differential. The pinion bearings, carrier bearings, axle bearings and all of the seals can be replaced with new parts. The 04-07 axle shafts are 32 spline while the 08+ are 35 spline. The truetrac only fits the 32 spline axle shafts.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the options. I have been reading nonstop on the truetrac and its applications. I was worried about the ring and pinion being worn. If that is the case i will probably just get it replaced and HOPE that the truetrac will update to fit the new axles in the future. I know many people with 08 on up trucks would love for that to happen.
Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts