Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have 2 friend w/ them...
1 has a 50 inch after finding the 42 inch looked to small on his wall returned to Costco next day..
1 has a 42 inch for his bedroom..
both love them use COX cable HD, esp. for the price..
One just hooked up Xbox 360 elite with HDMI - look GRREAT..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yes, great tv for the money. I have a 32" mounted on my living room wall. Paid $649 for it. Cannot complain with quality and price. Has one HDMI jack and has built in digital tuner that picks of local HD channels with an indoor antenna. Mine is LCD, not sure about the Plasma though. Also, I have slight instances of pixels trailing on B-ball games when the camera is zoomed way out. Meaning when the figures are small and they are moving fast you can see a slight hazing around them. But, I think that is more so due to the lack of a real hd channel, its digital cable but not real quality. When I play the xbox 360 or anything else on it that produces true digital output the picture is awesome. No complaints, but go to CostCo and take a look at it in person. They have them on display, normally planning HD content.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I don't own one, but I have seen some reviews on them. From what I've seen they are pretty decent for the price--which they are a lower brand than some others. I know everytime I post this I get flamed for it, but when it comes to tech stuff I usually do a bit of research at
www.avsforum.com

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have a small "VIZIO" LCD and I have no complaints. Im looking to get a bigger one.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want an lcd tv but I dont really plan on getting HD tv, just basic cox cable. How do large lcd tv's work with non digital/hd cable?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i got 37" LCD vizio works great and the price is good, i also use it for PS3 and Blue Ray DVD the result is good..

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SAA said:
i got 37" LCD vizio works great and the price is good, i also use it for PS3 and Blue Ray DVD the result is good..
Do you use it with regular cable or HD cable?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Regular TV will always look worse on an HDTV...

It has to scale the image whereas standard TVs are displaying a 1:1 image of the standard signal. Buy your new TV based on the HighDef performance....Standard TV is on its way out anyway....

If it's a larger TV, go with 1080p... very tight, crisp picture....although under 40" i'm not sure it matters unless you'll be using it as a pc monitor.

:cheers:

·
Registered
204 Posts
37" here and the image looks crystal clear on any HD signals. Standard signals, well, look standard on it but theyre suprisingly sharp for how large the tv is. I would just go with whichever tv gives you the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Love my 46 " 1080i LCD Model, haven't tuned it yet, but very impressive warranty, performance, price. The 42" Model got the top review, better than the 46" did. Your price is a couple hundred less than when Sam's Club had it two months ago. Buy it! :)

I don't buy cale service. Used to get only about 3 or 4 good channels in analog. Now get about 24 channels from Off the air digital, most in HD (Weather channels are not sometimes). Plenty of inputs, nothing lacking for my needs at all. I'll be integrating it with the surround sound and computer systems both.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
From what I've read, Vizios arent decent "FOR THE PRICE". I have a 32"Toshiba HD that I got cheaper than the Vizios at Sams. $600 at Newegg. My Samsung 42" Plasma smokes it though. I plan on getting a flat panel for my office, it will be plasma.

·
Registered
841 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 46" LCD Vizio and I love it... IMHO, the picture quality is very good. I have HD channels, but most of what I watch is in SD. SD channels look OK to me... not bad enough for me to return it. The MPEG compression on SD is the real problem. Standard DVD's look beautiful and my PS2 hooked up with an HDMI cable looks awesome too!

·
Registered
679 Posts
37" and I love it... paid $800 at Costco... lots of tv for the $$.

Costco is the best place to buy tv's.... aside from price they'll double the manufacturer's warrantly for parts, labor and in-home service plus I believe they have a 90 day return policy/insurance thing that even covers accidental damage... I urge you to verify some of this as I heard it through a friend... Basically, I didn't drop mine before I got in on the wall so I didn't have to look into the damage thing... Also, the double warranty used to be only if you used an Amex card so I sent the wife with hers to pick it up... when she got home the box say's 'Costco doubles the warranty' again, I didn't really look into it since I know I'm covered with the amex card... Cool deals if they're true....

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
i have the 47 inch and it's cool. I had a 46in sony bravia before that and the hdtv was much more crisp but it was also $1100 more.

vizio is a no frills bang for your buck tv.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also all channels in the US are suppose to be pure digital come Jan 2009. They are suppose to turn off their analog signal by then to turn them over to rescue operations like the fire dept and police. So if you buy, make sure you go ahead with one that has hdtv capabilities that is what they are made for. however, if you were to get on that capable then you would only need to add a converter. They are suppose to about $60, but only like $20 with a federally provided coupon to help cushion the blow for the analog tv owners. I read an article on CNET about.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have both the 32" and 37" and both are great. The picture in HD is the way too go. The only down side IMO is that the sound sucks. So put it through your surround sound when watching movies. News programs or just some plain old T.V. sound is adequate.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts