Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a bed cover and what is the best one for not leaking? I'd like the kind that rolls out from right behind the cab. I hear they are pretty good with not getting luggage or whatever is in the bed wet.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ringo said:
Does anyone have a bed cover and what is the best one for not leaking? I'd like the kind that rolls out from right behind the cab. I hear they are pretty good with not getting luggage or whatever is in the bed wet.
I ordered mine (checkmate fx) from Checker Products near Kentucky Lake. www.checkerpro.com. It is a fiberglass low profile with gas shocks to hold it up. It can be ordered with removable hinges and interior locks. Gives me a 6 foot trunk to hold my tools during the day. This will be the fourth one I have purchased over the years. It has a bulb seal around the edge to keep out water, but if you spray from a hose directly at the bulb with a hose, a little water can get in. Right now I am trying to find a suitable tailgate gap cover and tailgate edge covers because there is too much space between the bed and tailgate. I wonder why they don't add a rubber seal around this, maybe another idea for the future add-ons. I'll post a photo when I get it on next week.
Also ordered a tow hitch, trialer plug and hitch cover from etrailers.com. cost $200 total with three day shipping. Took me about 25 mintues total to put all of it on.
Now, I am looking for step rails that are the brushed (painted) aluminum like the wheels on my SE. Anybody have any ideas? Pickups Plus called one of the big step rail suppliers and they didn't have anything available yet, but said in the next month they should start having add-ons available.
I am a happy camper so far!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
KYDeepwater said:
I ordered mine (checkmate fx) from Checker Products near Kentucky Lake. www.checkerpro.com. It is a fiberglass low profile with gas shocks to hold it up. It can be ordered with removable hinges and interior locks. Gives me a 6 foot trunk to hold my tools during the day. This will be the fourth one I have purchased over the years. It has a bulb seal around the edge to keep out water, but if you spray from a hose directly at the bulb with a hose, a little water can get in. Right now I am trying to find a suitable tailgate gap cover and tailgate edge covers because there is too much space between the bed and tailgate. I wonder why they don't add a rubber seal around this, maybe another idea for the future add-ons. I'll post a photo when I get it on next week.
Also ordered a tow hitch, trialer plug and hitch cover from etrailers.com. cost $200 total with three day shipping. Took me about 25 mintues total to put all of it on.
Now, I am looking for step rails that are the brushed (painted) aluminum like the wheels on my SE. Anybody have any ideas? Pickups Plus called one of the big step rail suppliers and they didn't have anything available yet, but said in the next month they should start having add-ons available.
I am a happy camper so far!!!!!

KY, I'm about to order a Checkmate. Do you still like it or do you have any other suggestions? Thanks, BTW, do you have any pics? THANKS!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go to www.autoanything.com. I bought a tri-fold cover and it is great. It took longer to read the instructions than it did to install it. When you need to use the bed of your truck, pull two spring-loaded handles near the tailgate and the cover folds three times and buckles down behind the cab. It takes seconds to open and allows access to the truck bed easily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the "Undercover" and it is really nice. It is basically a hard black plastic cover that is really strong but also lightweight. It can be removed in a few moments and even comes with hooks for when you take it off..(you can hang it on your garage wall. Can't post urls yet but this with www and a dot com will get you ther undercoverinfo.
It has a seal and is molded so water really doesn't go into the bed:cheers:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the truxedo lo profile and it works great. I've had it for over 2 years and no problems. It has started to fade a bit though. That's probably my fault.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a link to the one I have.
It only leaks when I take it to the carwash with the high preasure sprayer.
Tough as hell, you can stand on it.

ltsportcover.com/tonneau-covers/nissan-titan-xf.htm

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I'll second the Truxedo Lo-Pro
Works well with siderails on the bed package, doesn't really leak (a little bit during torrential rains but the bed stays dry...so dry, I find myself leving things like dog food and boxes in there without issue for a few days.

I like it but I will say it is fading. I have never treated it but it almost looks dirty more than anything. Plus, you have to love the warranty.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine cost me $65. I can stand on it, jump on it, and screw things down into it.

I have the utility package, and bought some 3/4 inch treated plywood, and cut it into two pieces to fit in the C Channels. I expected it to leak at the joint between the two, but it doesn't really. Just a little moisture. I was going to cut a piece of T Channel for the joint, but I haven't needed to. For example 2 days a go I went to the carwash, and forgot my work boots were just inside the tailgate. When I got out of the carwash, one of the ones with just the high pressure jets spinning all around, my boots we as dry as could be with what looked like a little mist on my tools in the middle of the bed.

I used to have one of the rolltop ones on my old truck. But when fully retracted there is about a foot of bed you can't shove big things all the way up to the cab. With our shortbeds we need as much space as possible. The folding ones fix this problem. I almost got one of the folding ones, but I am glad I didn't.

:cheers: save a few bucks if you want and spend it on gas or beer!

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a Leer 700 Series hard top and it is excellent. My only complaint is that the key to lock and unlock the tonneau can be tedious at times.

$1000 painted and installed.

·
Premium Member
4,183 Posts
I've got an Extang Black Max cover for mine. I've got a crew cab with the rail system. Install was easy, comes with aluminum pieces that slide into the track and then clamps screw into those to hold it on. The only leaking i've had is from spraying it with the hose while washing the truck. I'm pleased, went on a road trip and had a problem with a bow being too short, called them and got a new one sent out that day. Cost was 250. Looks pretty good too!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just put on my Undercover Cover last night. Took me 40 minutes (would have been quicker if I wasn't trying to be overly careful) and it looks great. The Titan KC model I bought is specifically made for the truck and fits perfectly. It looks great, and was the best reviewed cover I could find. I did a lot of searching on the net, and got a military discount quote from a company that autoanything.com beat. The top was delivered within a week for about $560. Thought about having someone install it for me, but glad I didn't - waste of money. Very easy and I'm really happy with it. I've been told they are waterproof, which I believe because the top has a rubber seal that goes all the way around. And if fits over the sides/tailgate, so I can't imagine any weather being a problem. Works great, and it's lockable. Plus, you can take the whole thing off in less than 10 minutes when you need the space. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I will 3rd the Truxedo Lo Pro.
I have had it for a few years and love the thing. Although it does allow some water in through the tailgate and corners it is perfectly acceptable to me and has never caused an issue. I wanted a water tight unit but did not want to get the fibreglass one that would have to be removed to haul anything in the box. The Truxedo fit the bill perfectly. We are currently looking at going to a 07/08 Tundra and would get the same cover for it.

Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts