Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying some 285/70R17 tires. And these BFGs are rather new and I wanted to know if anyone has ran them yet. I know they look very similar to the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S and people up here in Wa seem to like them for year around driving.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't think they are available just yet.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they are, I have seen people with them online. And I have seen one guy up here in Wa but I did not get to talk to the owner to see how he liked them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered mine today. The rep at the tire store said he had one customer who has had them for about a month and liked them so far. I'm getting the stock size for my Titan (no lift or leveling kit). I like the 50,000 warranty and have had success in the past with other BFG tires (not the stock tires off the lot Rugged Trails as said above) on my wife's Yukon. We'll see. Will keep everyone posted. I should have them on within a week.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work at a body shop and one of the tire places we use ordered a set and the customer flaked on them. So Im hoping they will call me back with a good price. I took a measurement of the stock rugged trails on my truck which were 31.5 inches and these 285/70r17 were only an inch bigger. So I dont know how happy I will be with the size since its not that much bigger. But once I get my Method wheels in and the tires mounted I probley won't care. Plus these tires are alot lighter than there all terrains of the same size, much less the larger ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So how do you like the tires?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So how do you like the tires?
Well I only have like 10 miles on them...

They look great mounted up. I had to take the highway on the way home and they are very quiet. Barely louder than the stockers. Remember these are the P rated tires and are only 1 inch bigger than stock.

Once I get some miles on them I will update how they are wearing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Any update on the Rugged Terrains? I'm considering them for my next set of skins. I run Blizzaks in the winter, so I'm not worried about their performance in the snow. I want to get rid of my Rugged Fails and get an "E" rated tire for towing my TT.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought an 04 T last month and it has them on there. I've put about 2000 miles on them and I like em. Pretty quiet for as meaty as they are. I'll personally probably still go to Terra Grapplers once I get some new rims but I have no issues with the BFGs as of yet.....I have the 285/70R17

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought an 04 T last month and it has them on there. I've put about 2000 miles on them and I like em. Pretty quiet for as meaty as they are. I'll personally probably still go to Terra Grapplers once I get some new rims but I have no issues with the BFGs as of yet.....I have the 285/70R17
My experience is about the same. 2k maybe 3k miles on them. Holding up well. Nice and quiet, smooth. Great daily driver around town tire that will still hold its own off-road. Only thing they weren't able to do for me was climb a 45 degree hill, lol. Great in mud, dirt, gravel, wet pavement...rivers...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts