Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to install my brake controller in the spring and am not finding much in the way of pics of where people have put them. I have a Tekonsha Envoy. Does any one have any pics of where they put their's?

·
Super Moderator
160,768 Posts
Mine is where most folks wind up mounting them. On the dash, by my right knee, just above the OBD II port.

Prodigylocation.JPG

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I have something that looks like that but beeps when I back up to something too close.

·
Registered
869 Posts

Wow, things look dirty in pictures. LOL

·
Registered
229 Posts
Same as almost everyone else. I can see it there, but falls right-behind my leg when driving normally, so it doesn't bother me at night.

-S

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Mine is where most folks wind up mounting them. On the dash, by my right knee, just above the OBD II port.
I don't need to post a picture now...mines exactly the same...

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
Same as almost everyone else. I can see it there, but falls right-behind my leg when driving normally, so it doesn't bother me at night.

-S

This is where I mounted mine ... A little more level this way, but the OBDII port directly behind it

·
Super Moderator
160,768 Posts
The Prodigy will work mounted up to a 70° angle, so it doesn't have to be level. Mounting it where I did puts it in much easier reach to be able to manually activate the trailer brakes if needed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics folks. Now I see where mine is going.

·
Registered
132 Posts

-Lab

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
The Prodigy will work mounted up to a 70° angle, so it doesn't have to be level. Mounting it where I did puts it in much easier reach to be able to manually activate the trailer brakes if needed.
I know, but old habits :teethmast

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't have a picture but mine is mounted on the little shelf on left side of dashboard. It is just above my left hand when driving and I figured if I ever had to manually activate the brake lever on the unit, I could reach it easier plus I don't have to bump it with my right shin all the time like I used to do on another rig I had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts