Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I replaced my spark plugs with E3 plugs. Im getting a P0300 DTC; random cylinders misfiring. I know alot of engines are particular about having dual or triple electrode spark plugs.

Seems like I may be having the exact same issue on my 2014 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 also. Replaced my Nick's with E3's & seems to idle rough & blow out smoke (it's a VERY well taken care of bike with under 8k miles.)

I also just brought the bike from a 2 year long winterization where I aided the bike by dropping oil down directly into the cylinders from the spark plug openings.

I haven't swapped out the plugs on either. Im only asking about the Titan's issue with other plugs, not my bike. It was just for added possible evidence. This would suck. 12 E3 plugs weren't cheap

·
Registered
94 Posts
Saw this recently with one of our Club Armada members, but not with E3 plugs.

Anyway, the electrode gapping was totally off. Should have been .044 but they were all over the place. He didn't double-check them before installing.

Saw another plug issue where one of our members went the cheap route and got NGK plugs from Ebay. Turns out they were cheap Chinese knock-offs and although they looked close to being the real thing and were branded "NGK", they were fakes.

You should only get your plugs from authorized retailers. Ebay, Amazon and the like are not authorized retailers. At least not for NGK plugs.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Just about everyone who has tried anything other than the OEM NGKs has been dissatisfied and gone back to the NGKs, according to the various threads on here about spark plugs. I'd start with checking the gap as mentioned by tchjts1 above, and I'd check the plug boots on all your coil packs to be sure they are properly seated. But you may find your Titan just does not like the E3 plugs. Search the forum as there are other E3 threads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts