Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 08 Titan in August and I love it but one day my low air pressure alert came on randomly. I checked all of the tire pressure and it was not low. It went off then came on a few days later and hasn't come on since. Then, a few days later I filled up with gas and when I started the truck, the gas gauge only went up to 3/4 of a tank and slowly rose from there. Has anyone had any of these problems? Is there anything I should do myself or should I just take it in and have them check my computer and sensors, etc.?
Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got my 08 Titan a couple of weeks ago. I was told at the time that the low tire pressure sensor would come on during cold mornings. Yesterday was the first time it got really cold, and the tire pressure gauge came on twice in the early morning. Maybe something for you to consider. Good Luck!

·
Registered
461 Posts
SD Garrett said:
I got my 08 Titan in August and I love it but one day my low air pressure alert came on randomly. I checked all of the tire pressure and it was not low. It went off then came on a few days later and hasn't come on since. Then, a few days later I filled up with gas and when I started the truck, the gas gauge only went up to 3/4 of a tank and slowly rose from there. Has anyone had any of these problems? Is there anything I should do myself or should I just take it in and have them check my computer and sensors, etc.?
Thanks
I had the same problem with my 05 gas gauge, Brought it in and they changed the sending unit. About six months after they changed the sending unit it did it again, only once though. It's been ok for a while now. Knock on wood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. Come to think of it it was pretty cold when I drove it those times. As for the gas sensor I will bring it in to them sometime soon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
SD,
I have a new 07 and the first really cold morning my did the same thing. I went and put a extra 2-3 pounds in and it went off. Since then about 2 weeks it hasn't come back on.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
The fuel sending units have been an ongoing problem,as far as the TPMS they are doing their job,add air during colder weather.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That tire pressure sensor is pretty testy. Parking outside on cold nights or parking on an angle with 2 wheels higher (ex. 2 on street & 2 on slope) for an extended period of time does it to me all the time. Been keeping tire pressure at 36 now...no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts