Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A/V upgrade has been held up due to the new baby and our move back to So Cal, but I'm hoping to get going on it soon. I plan to deaden the truck, but I believe all the install pics I've seen are without the curtain air bags. Where exactly are the air bag components? Does anyone have pics? Or pics with the headliner removed in a truck with a sunroof?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like they are probably in the pillars, but I just wondered if anyone knew for sure or had pics.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I saw a picture once of the layout of the side curtain airbags, but can't seem to find it now.

Found this one, though.

and I thought they were in the A-pillar as well as above the door. Apparently, they're in the B-pillar as well.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the pic BB, just what I was looking for. I would like to also see one that hasn't been deployed. I figured they were in both the A and B pillars, but in that pic the A looks normal. Maybe they shoot both fore and aft from the B along a track above the doors. I will probably skip matting the roof due to this and the sunroof. The airbag system looks pretty nice, it was a valued feature for me when deciding that I wanted a Titan. They could very well mean the difference between life and death in a serious crash. Wasn't Titan the first truck to offer curtain bags?

·
Registered
437 Posts
The side curtain airbags really aren't in the A-pillar although there is some wiring and some electronics in there. The actual airbag part doesn't start until after the A-pillar trim ends up into the headliner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts