Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to be installing my Pro Comp six inch lift in a few weeks and want to know if there is anyone in the Tampa area that wants stop by and possibly give a few pointers, or just show off their ride. I haven't seen too many around but am interested in getting to know a few people. I am military so i will be using the Mcdill hobby shop cuz they have lifts so sadly enough no beers until after, but we can always go somewhere to grab a few cold ones at the end of the day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let me know when you are planning on doing it. I would like to check out the install, maybe lend a hand. you can check out my exhaust: Thats all I have done so far. JBA with walker b pipes.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for sure i am awaiting on some prg parts and then tires i'm hoping mid january thats when i think i will have the time

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still gonna do it but i need to make a trip to pick up my rims and tires on the 22nd, and this month is just ridiculously busy for some reason. why is it now that i have everything i will have to wait. The Gods are against me, all i wanna do is see how the air is up there. I traded in my lifted dodge in may and all i want is another lifted truck. Just had to vent.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
hey Ive got a 6 inch on my truck, if you wanna swing by or meet up and look at it thats cool, i didnt do the lift myself, I would suggest paying someone that will warranty their work.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey Ive got a 6 inch on my truck, if you wanna swing by or meet up and look at it thats cool, i didnt do the lift myself, I would suggest paying someone that will warranty their work.
Yeah i would like to check it out, but i can't stand someone else working on my vehicles never have but thats just me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok the time has come if everything plays out according to plan i will be doing the lift this saturday. then rims and tires on monday.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I just PCS'd from Macdill, I would have came and helped out...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok the time has come if everything plays out according to plan i will be doing the lift this saturday. then rims and tires on monday.
Damn plans have fallen through again. my guaranteed helping hand has backed out and i cant do this alone cuz if i need to run to a parts store i wont have a ride so the saga continues

·
Registered
27 Posts
Damn plans have fallen through again. my guaranteed helping hand has backed out and i cant do this alone cuz if i need to run to a parts store i wont have a ride so the saga continues
If I wasn't so far away this could be semi fun. Good luck getting it done though!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Your not gonna need to run to a parts store...The pro comp kits come with literally everything you need to install the kit...Yes its alot easier to install it witha buddy, but just use some of there exhaust holders to hold stuff in place, its really not that hard of a task. Basically you take off the stock parts that are stamped steel, then swap on the tubular pro comp parts. Im not familiar with the pro comp kits enough to say for sure, but you might need a press to press in some bushings or something.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your not gonna need to run to a parts store...The pro comp kits come with literally everything you need to install the kit...Yes its alot easier to install it witha buddy, but just use some of there exhaust holders to hold stuff in place, its really not that hard of a task. Basically you take off the stock parts that are stamped steel, then swap on the tubular pro comp parts. Im not familiar with the pro comp kits enough to say for sure, but you might need a press to press in some bushings or something.
i agree but i purchased my lift used and replaced all of the hardware and my experience has always taught me to be safe especially when working on a daily driver.

·
Registered
745 Posts
OH! Purchased used is a different story...I would get with pro comp to get an install sheet and make sure you got all the parts originally sold with the kit. this will ensure you got everything you need.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah thats what ive done but everyone knows newtons law so ill just play it safe and make sure i have a ride if i need it

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
snipe, you can bring all the parts to OT and I'll bring my jack, jack stands and compressor...there will be more than enough people that will help you on Saturday with it!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
snipe, you can bring all the parts to OT and I'll bring my jack, jack stands and compressor...there will be more than enough people that will help you on Saturday with it!
i will definitely have it done by then but thanks anyways. hopefully i will find an install kit tomorrow so i can put in my Pioneer DVD player atleast

1 - 17 of 17 Posts