Nissan Titan Forum banner

Anyone interested in a new Header manufacture?

3K views 32 replies 17 participants last post by  sligsta 
#1 · (Edited)
New Header manufacture UPDATE

I have been in contact with a major player in Southern California for designing and releasing a new set of headers for our trucks. This company is a true leader in after market headers. They lead the way and their reputation proceeds them. They have shown a history of not only producing top quality work and craftsman ship but also being able to produce more horsepower out of their work then any of their competitors. Keep in mind for people in California these headers will not have cats welded on so they will be sold as OFF ROAD use. Like the Stillen headers. All I want to know is if there is a interest out there for this company to make these headers and any other type of products.

#3 ·
It comes down to performance, fit and price. Some REAL dyno comparisons between stock and headers would be great, but dynos always get skewed in favor of the manufacturer...

forget about the headers though - let's see more school spirit from the women in your avatar :upsidedow

#4 ·
Seranin said:
It comes down to performance, fit and price. Some REAL dyno comparisons between stock and headers would be great, but dynos always get skewed in favor of the manufacturer...

forget about the headers though - let's see more school spirit from the women in your avatar :upsidedow

My truck would be the "mule" and it is a bone stock 08 and there will be dyno pulls done before and after at an independent shop. I will be meeting with the manufacture next week for the fit and R/D schedule. As for the price lets hear what you guys have to say? As for your other request I can give you the full size pic.

#5 ·
Headers generally shift the torque curve right, but if there were any way to keep or improve low end torque and improve midrange as well, that would be awesome. Top end gains at the expense of low end sucks for a truck unless you're a drag racer.

Make sure the materials are decent so they don't crack, allow an option of swain tech or other coating to keep heat in the pipes, improve low end/midrange and decent sound and looks if possible, & I'll buy. With the quality headers on the market in the $700-800 range, you would have to stay below that I would think unless performance gains were so much better than the competition.

Oops, the girlie on the right I would take home, the other can stay at the game. Thanks for the pic "enlargement" though :cheers:

JCollins28 said:
My truck would be the "mule" and it is a bone stock 08 and there will be dyno pulls done before and after at an independent shop. I will be meeting with the manufacture next week for the fit and R/D schedule. As for the price lets hear what you guys have to say? As for your other request I can give you the full size pic.

#6 ·
Seranin said:
Headers generally shift the torque curve right, but if there were any way to keep or improve low end torque and improve midrange as well, that would be awesome. Top end gains at the expense of low end sucks for a truck unless you're a drag racer.

Make sure the materials are decent so they don't crack, allow an option of swain tech or other coating to keep heat in the pipes, improve low end/midrange and decent sound and looks if possible, & I'll buy. With the quality headers on the market in the $700-800 range, you would have to stay below that I would think unless performance gains were so much better than the competition.

Oops, the girlie on the right I would take home, the other can stay at the game. Thanks for the pic "enlargement" though :cheers:

They are looking at producing better gains then the headers that are out in the market currently.

#7 ·
Something under $350 would be nice!!

#8 ·
I'd be very interested if the headers were CARB approved. My Titan is definitely NOT an off-road only machine!

If they DO make 'em, they need to offer some ceramic coating like JBA. AutoAnything has JBA Stainless headers, CARB approved, for $363. Silver Ceramic or Titanium Ceramic units are $530.

Personally, I'd go with the Titanium Ceramic units, and am in the market in next couple of months.

Whoever this header manufacturer is, I'm sure they know the market since they are IN the market. Keep us posted. Right now, I'm thinking JBAs ...

#9 ·
How a header affects the torque band really has to do with the length. A long tube typically shows better low end torque...a short tube top end power. But there are other factors that come into play.

All new commers in the market are welcome...this helps drive pricing down!!!

#11 ·
I'm interested in anything that brings prices down - yea free market!

#12 ·
JCollins28 said:
I have been in contact with a major player in Southern California for designing and releasing a new set of headers for our trucks. This company is a true leader in after market headers. They lead the way and their reputation proceeds them. They have shown a history of not only producing top quality work and craftsman ship but also being able to produce more horsepower out of their work then any of their competitors. Keep in mind for people in California these headers will not have cats welded on so they will be sold as OFF ROAD use. Like the Stillen headers. All I want to know is if there is a interest out there for this company to make these headers and any other type of products.
Whos the company? Ive already given Eddelbrock all the proper dia tube sizes i would like to see and it was cleared to go into R&D a while ago. I have a friend there but he says they keep pushing it back for other cars

#13 ·
Leadsled124 said:
Whos the company? Ive already given Eddelbrock all the proper dia tube sizes i would like to see and it was cleared to go into R&D a while ago. I have a friend there but he says they keep pushing it back for other cars

Company will be announced soon but it is not Eddelbrock.

#16 ·
Is it headman?

#19 ·
TIsTAN said:
doug thorley? more competition is always better for the consumer.
Thorley already has some out I think.

#21 ·
I think long tubes with the equal length of the Nismos primary tubes with the tube size and collector of the Stillens would be killer. Price around $450-600 coated, and B-pipes, 2 1/4''-2 1/2". If some one came out with just the B-pipes they would have a winner on there hands.

#23 ·
The headers will come complete with "B" pipes and will be long tubes. The company is a local company here in California called MSDS. They have done everything from Porsche, BMW, Nissan and a host of other cars all with great success. Questions?

#24 ·
JCollins28 said:
The headers will come complete with "B" pipes and will be long tubes. The company is a local company here in California called MSDS. They have done everything from Porsche, BMW, Nissan and a host of other cars all with great success. Questions?

What kind of pricing, and when will they be released?

#25 ·
titanss said:
I think long tubes with the equal length of the Nismos primary tubes with the tube size and collector of the Stillens would be killer. Price around $450-600 coated, and B-pipes, 2 1/4''-2 1/2". If some one came out with just the B-pipes they would have a winner on there hands.
I'm quoting myself, The collectors should be 2 1/2", the stillen and nismos are both 2 1/4", the 2 1/2" should let the truck breath better. If they will be coated they can be made out of Carbon Steel, less $ to build, than SS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.