Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordered two Timken SP500701 axle bearing and hub assemblies for my 2005 2WD Titan. Does anyone know the bolt torque specs for the hub and brake caliper? Also, which Loctite product should I use for the hubs and calipers? Any tips would be appreciated, thanks. Oh, is the ABS sensor clip easy to disconnect without cracking it?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Blue loctite on the brake caliper (I assume you're talking about the two big bolts that bolt it to the spindle) and 150ft/lbs. The ABS sensor is pretty annoying to disconnect but cracking it shouldn't be a problem. I am of no help about the hub, however.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, three hub bolts are 145 ft/lbs. The caliper bolts are 72 ft/lbs.
Thanks, but the two caliper bracket mounting bolts are supposed to be torqued to 155 ft lbs according to earlier threads. Also in one of those threads it said to use anti-seize on the two caliper mounting bracket bolts? It appears that if you are reusing the caliper mounting bolts, you shouldn't use any locktite?

Three Hub bolts torqued to 145 and blue Locktite?
Two caliper mounting bracket bolts to 155 and antiseize?

Is this information correct?

Quote:

Now, the Nissan Service Manual says not to reuse the torque bolts, but I did. I may swap
them out sometime in the near future, but for now, I reused them. I always use
Nev’R Sieze anti-seize compound on bolts when I’m reinstalling them. It’s a good idea. Trust me.

It's been brought to my attention that the stock torque bolts come with blue loctite applied. That's
what makes them a bit difficult to loosen. It's also a good reason why the Service Manual recommends
they be replaced. They could snap. Reapplication of blue Loctite could prevent these bolts from backing
out and causing the calipers to loosen and wear the rotors unevenly or cause other issues. I have never
had an issue but it is a good recommendation for safety.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks, but the two caliper bracket mounting bolts are supposed to be torqued to 155 ft lbs according to earlier threads. Also in one of those threads it said to use anti-seize on the two caliper mounting bracket bolts? It appears that if you are reusing the caliper mounting bolts, you shouldn't use any locktite?

Three Hub bolts torqued to 145 and blue Locktite?
Two caliper mounting bracket bolts to 155 and antiseize?

Is this information correct?

Quote:

Now, the Nissan Service Manual says not to reuse the torque bolts, but I did. I may swap
them out sometime in the near future, but for now, I reused them. I always use
Nev’R Sieze anti-seize compound on bolts when I’m reinstalling them. It’s a good idea. Trust me.

It's been brought to my attention that the stock torque bolts come with blue loctite applied. That's
what makes them a bit difficult to loosen. It's also a good reason why the Service Manual recommends
they be replaced. They could snap. Reapplication of blue Loctite could prevent these bolts from backing
out and causing the calipers to loosen and wear the rotors unevenly or cause other issues. I have never
had an issue but it is a good recommendation for safety.

Sorry about that. I thought you were asking about the bolts that mount the caliper to the torque member. The torque member bolts show as 149 ft/lbs.

Here's the diagram if you need any more specs:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry about that. I thought you were asking about the bolts that mount the caliper to the torque member. The torque member bolts show as 149 ft/lbs.

Here's the diagram if you need any more specs:
Thanks, now I just wait for the new hubs to get here.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I believe you are all wrong. I think that torque # is in Newton-Meters. The second number in the parenthesis is your Ft-lb torque. IE. 145 (15, 107). The torque in Ft-lbs would be 107. You will be over tightening if you go to 145 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe you are all wrong. I think that torque # is in Newton-Meters. The second number in the parenthesis is your Ft-lb torque. IE. 145 (15, 107). The torque in Ft-lbs would be 107. You will be over tightening if you go to 145 ft-lbs.
Interesting, too late now.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was just a bit concerned. It should be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tighten mine to 155 ft/lbs a month ago and now im replacing both sides again...i gotta research on it more but to me 155 is to much...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts