Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a GPS tracker and disabler. Usually put on by buy here pay here car lots. If you don't pay they disable your vehicle. When the receive payment, they give you a code to enter and off you go.
View attachment 552284
Looks like a GPS tracker and disabler. Usually put on by buy here pay here car lots. If you don't pay they disable your vehicle. When the receive payment, they give you a code to enter and off you go.
View attachment 552284
Hmmm that seems like what it is. I’m guessing this was on the truck before I bought it since it was at a normal dealer. Any idea how to take it off?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,237 Posts
It should have a spot for some similar, though male and female plugs on the back. You unplug them from the and plug them into each other. I have bought cars with those left on from dealers and that is how I removed them

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
232 Posts
Hmmm that seems like what it is. I’m guessing this was on the truck before I bought it since it was at a normal dealer. Any idea how to take it off?
Not necessarily. My son bought an Optima at a Kia dealer, and one got put on his. I think it's more the finance company. I think the credit score has to be higher than what you can punch into that module.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe I was just being a wise A$$! Boy that's pretty extreme that you need a good credit score to start a vehicle. What the hell do these dealers was their time checking a buyer's finances........

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
232 Posts
Maybe I was just being a wise A$$! Boy that's pretty extreme that you need a good credit score to start a vehicle. What the hell do these dealers was their time checking a buyer's finances........
The Kia dealer called my son a few days after the sale to bring it in for installation of the box. His score was decent, but he defaulted on some student loans. Seems a bit extreme to me as well.

·
Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
564 Posts
The Kia dealer called my son a few days after the sale to bring it in for installation of the box. His score was decent, but he defaulted on some student loans. Seems a bit extreme to me as well.
I'd have brought the car back and left it with them permanently.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The dealer probably waited 72 hours so your boy couldn't get out of the deal. Then made him deal with that garbage! I drove the PRO 4X around earlier this evening. A message appeared that Nissan wanted to download information. WTH? We all better get LifeLock or something to protect ourselves with all these companies wanting our personal information. Credit reports to run a vehicle, monitoring our driving habits, looking at our personal information and probably tracking our movements by GPS. Some Russian troll will be shutting all our vehicles down next. Ain't technology grand?

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
232 Posts
The dealer probably waited 72 hours so your boy couldn't get out of the deal. Then made him deal with that garbage! I drove the PRO 4X around earlier this evening. A message appeared that Nissan wanted to download information. WTH? We all better get LifeLock or something to protect ourselves with all these companies wanting our personal information. Credit reports to run a vehicle, monitoring our driving habits, looking at our personal information and probably tracking our movements by GPS. Some Russian troll will be shutting all our vehicles down next. Ain't technology grand?
Google tried forcing me into entering my birth date. I get notifications on my phone that my Google account needs attention. I see nothing positive in me giving Google that information. Well, I'm pretty sure they already have it. They just need to get from me officially.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Google tried forcing me into entering my birth date. I get notifications on my phone that my Google account needs attention. I see nothing positive in me giving Google that information. Well, I'm pretty sure they already have it. They just need to get from me officially.
I hear ya! All these social media platforms are a bunch of BS. Their collecting people's personal information and data for free. Then sway people's opinions based on algorithms. Then steer them towards whatever nonsense their peddling.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Everything nowadays keeps its nose in your business. TV remotes, TVs, children's toys, your vehicle, you dang cookstove all have been enabled to do monitoring, etc. The thing is like the stove then if it doesn't detect anything on it and it is on why does it still stay on? Because it is not about safety it is because the world we live in is a police state imho. They can monitor my movements and if they tick me off then they will know I am a coming ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
lol did he actually go back? I would have went back just to laugh in their face, like I'm going to voluntarily help them remote control my car ignition.
And the nerve to put on a truck EXACTLY where most of us but the trailer brake controller.

·
Registered
2019 Titan PRO-4X
232 Posts
lol did he actually go back? I would have went back just to laugh in their face, like I'm going to voluntarily help them remote control my car ignition.
And the nerve to put on a truck EXACTLY where most of us but the trailer brake controller.
He did. Against my advice, but it was his first self-financed car. He was a bit paranoid. About a year later, he refinanced, and the box was removed. I guess there's a difference between Capital One and First National Bank of Bend Over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts