1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Nice burnouts but I didn't see any Nissans, oh wait here's one,lol. How many times can you post the same picture before they cancel your membership? lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
On my way home from work I was about to hit a 180 degree uphill on ramp to a lightly used freeway when I noticed a coworker in my rear view mirror that keeps talking crap about my truck. Since his windows were down I thought I'd give him a little tire smoke for all his crap talk. I hammered it and got the tires spinning and just kept my foot into it through second gear. I looked in my rear view mirror to see my coworker and all I saw was a wall of smoke. To my horror I saw a black and white car exit the smoke like a movie and immediately speed up to my truck. I looked in my side mirror to see if there was any smoke in my wheel wells and it was still waffling out. I was dead meat. I proceeded up the hill and waited for the lights to come on. At the last second I hit my turn signal and exited the freeway. As I was slowly turning off, the officer pulled up along side of me and shouted through his outside speaker "If I catch you doing that again I'm going to pull you over", and then he went past me. I'm guessing he was on his way to the shift change and didn't want to bother with me. I was lucky that day and ever since then I'm very careful about when and where I smoke the tires.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are one lucky guy. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Matooch said:
On my way home from work I was about to hit a 180 degree uphill on ramp to a lightly used freeway when I noticed a coworker in my rear view mirror that keeps talking crap about my truck. Since his windows were down I thought I'd give him a little tire smoke for all his crap talk. I hammered it and got the tires spinning and just kept my foot into it through second gear. I looked in my rear view mirror to see my coworker and all I saw was a wall of smoke. To my horror I saw a black and white car exit the smoke like a movie and immediately speed up to my truck. I looked in my side mirror to see if there was any smoke in my wheel wells and it was still waffling out. I was dead meat. I proceeded up the hill and waited for the lights to come on. At the last second I hit my turn signal and exited the freeway. As I was slowly turning off, the officer pulled up along side of me and shouted through his outside speaker "If I catch you doing that again I'm going to pull you over", and then he went past me. I'm guessing he was on his way to the shift change and didn't want to bother with me. I was lucky that day and ever since then I'm very careful about when and where I smoke the tires.
In the words of Dave Chappell's friend Chip, " im sorry officer i didnt know i couldn't do that" lol

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I wasn't as lucky. I hadn't gotten a ticket in my notoriously strict berg in 18 years so I guess I was due. It was about 9:30 AM on a workday and there was a light mist left on the road from overnight rain so the conditions were perfect for a little fish tailing and I couldn't resist. Pulled away from the light and made a left at the T intersection and then it was just me on a two lane divided highway fishtailing up to speed. I see an unmarked come out of the parking lot and speed up behind me and I was well done drifting by then. The cop pulled me over and when I saw it was a women, I knew it was all over but the crying, lol. She says "do you know why I pulled you over?" and I say "a little too much gas around the corner." And then angry like she says "but you didn't even slow down" kinda stammering, lol, and I just wish I had a video tape and I could watch her say that for hours, lol. That alone was worth the ticket.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
My dad said he say on the news what they are doing to the street racers that they have a problem with. They shows a video of these ricers... 3 times caught street racing and the car goes in the crusher! i didnt know they could do that. they showed them being crushed with thier shiney wheels and everything lol. Not fast too furious i guess

·
Registered
426 Posts
Papa_D said:
I wasn't as lucky. I hadn't gotten a ticket in my notoriously strict berg in 18 years so I guess I was due. It was about 9:30 AM on a workday and there was a light mist left on the road from overnight rain so the conditions were perfect for a little fish tailing and I couldn't resist. Pulled away from the light and made a left at the T intersection and then it was just me on a two lane divided highway fishtailing up to speed. I see an unmarked come out of the parking lot and speed up behind me and I was well done drifting by then. The cop pulled me over and when I saw it was a women, I knew it was all over but the crying, lol. She says "do you know why I pulled you over?" and I say "a little too much gas around the corner." And then angry like she says "but you didn't even slow down" kinda stammering, lol, and I just wish I had a video tape and I could watch her say that for hours, lol. That alone was worth the ticket.
tell me she was hot.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
kronos2 said:
tell me she was hot.
Middle aged, average looking, just my luck,lol.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
lol almost the same thing happened to me in fayetteville , n.c. papa going around a 90 degree turn had about 4 lanes of clear traffic, (this was just after installing my headers and i was still enjoying the newness of power)
So after flooring it around the corner the *** end kicked around and started a nice smokeshow drift across 3 1/2 lanes and i never let outta the pedal,lol i was up to 70ish pretty fast and low and behold i go zipping by a cop car parked alongside a gas station, i thought for sure i was going to jail as he seen me do the whole damn thing.. when he pulled me over he walks up smiling and said" i guess I don;t have to tell ya why ur being pulled over do i?" I said nope was very sorry just had new headers installed and was testing them out,lol he told me "todays ur lucky day i'm just going to cite you for doing 55 in a 45 as anything over 19mph i'd have to take you to jail for" he did also say if he caught me doing this again in city limits he would arrest me no questions asked,lol so needless to say i never did it again in fayetteville, lol but have done it 4 times in texas, much easier now with uprev tune, haha

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sounds like we all have a lead foot and a knack for screwing around. But sometimes you just have to do it. I have been very careful lately, but even I can be pushed over the edge. On my way home from work, again, I was on a lightly traveled back road that went from two lanes to one. I was in the left lane and some little turd in a top down ricer convertible squeezed by me at the last second and almost took some paint off my front fender. I was in a good mood that day so I let it go. But on the next red light, the ricer in front of me waited until after the light turned green for a few moments, then he chirped the tires and waved to me as he sped off. Now I'm starting to get unhappy with the guy. At the next red light I notice the wind was at my back, so I looked around real good for any cops, none. Then I rolled up my windows and power-braked my truck and immediately start a smoke show that went right into Mr wise-azzed car. He was waving his arms around like that was going to help, and I was laughing pretty good by now. So I let off the gas, rolled down my window and waved back to him. The light turned green and he drove off without waving back. Sometimes you just got to do what needs to be done.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i was geting on the freeway one day after just spending time with my gf before we moved in together and i was in a good mood. as i was pulling up to the on ramp a couple mexican guys in a pos crx pulled up to my azz and slamed on the brakes. then stayed on my azz. so i decided to roast them up the ramp. was a complete turn around and i had them going all the way around. they had to slow down to see and when the drove by my on the freeway, they gave me the thumbs up. lol i was laughing so hard.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Toomnymods said:
lol almost the same thing happened to me in fayetteville , n.c. papa going around a 90 degree turn had about 4 lanes of clear traffic, (this was just after installing my headers and i was still enjoying the newness of power)
So after flooring it around the corner the *** end kicked around and started a nice smokeshow drift across 3 1/2 lanes and i never let outta the pedal,lol i was up to 70ish pretty fast and low and behold i go zipping by a cop car parked alongside a gas station, i thought for sure i was going to jail as he seen me do the whole damn thing.. when he pulled me over he walks up smiling and said" i guess I don;t have to tell ya why ur being pulled over do i?" I said nope was very sorry just had new headers installed and was testing them out,lol he told me "todays ur lucky day i'm just going to cite you for doing 55 in a 45 as anything over 19mph i'd have to take you to jail for" he did also say if he caught me doing this again in city limits he would arrest me no questions asked,lol so needless to say i never did it again in fayetteville, lol but have done it 4 times in texas, much easier now with uprev tune, haha
He really threw you a bone. I'm trying to get it outta my system before my headers get here, lol.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Matooch said:
Sounds like we all have a lead foot and a knack for screwing around. But sometimes you just have to do it. I have been very careful lately, but even I can be pushed over the edge. On my way home from work, again, I was on a lightly traveled back road that went from two lanes to one. I was in the left lane and some little turd in a top down ricer convertible squeezed by me at the last second and almost took some paint off my front fender. I was in a good mood that day so I let it go. But on the next red light, the ricer in front of me waited until after the light turned green for a few moments, then he chirped the tires and waved to me as he sped off. Now I'm starting to get unhappy with the guy. At the next red light I notice the wind was at my back, so I looked around real good for any cops, none. Then I rolled up my windows and power-braked my truck and immediately start a smoke show that went right into Mr wise-azzed car. He was waving his arms around like that was going to help, and I was laughing pretty good by now. So I let off the gas, rolled down my window and waved back to him. The light turned green and he drove off without waving back. Sometimes you just got to do what needs to be done.
Lol, that's funny.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Matooch said:

lol that's classic i loved that :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I had a little fun tonight. It rained tonight for our first time in 2007 and is still drizzling so on my way home I decided to get a little side ways on the wet roads. No one was around so I decided to goose it a little around some turns and let the rear end get loose, I just decided to stay in the gas a few times and I drove one sideways for a good few hundred feet after the corner. I grew up in Northern California and lived in Missouri for 2 years in high school so I learned to drive in rain, ice and snow and I owned all the gravel roads around me so when I get some nice conditions like this for some drift sessions I take them. I was doing it the other night after reading this thread in the dry conditions as well. Your stories made me ancy and I went for a cruise around 2 am thanks to you guys lol.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
ill tell you what.. if my tires were not $300 per tire ide post a pic of a burnout too!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
titan814 said:
ill tell you what.. if my tires were not $300 per tire ide post a pic of a burnout too!!!
Wimpy wimpy wimpy...I'm on my 3rd set of new rear tires and my truck has 30K miles on it.......lol....:eek2:

Light 'em if you got 'em!!

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
fepony said:
Wimpy wimpy wimpy...I'm on my 3rd set of new rear tires and my truck has 30K miles on it.......lol....:eek2:

Light 'em if you got 'em!!
I'm cheating, lol, I'm using the stock snow tires for burnouts.:coolsmile

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
I had a little fun tonight. It rained tonight for our first time in 2007 and is still drizzling so on my way home I decided to get a little side ways on the wet roads. No one was around so I decided to goose it a little around some turns and let the rear end get loose, I just decided to stay in the gas a few times and I drove one sideways for a good few hundred feet after the corner. I grew up in Northern California and lived in Missouri for 2 years in high school so I learned to drive in rain, ice and snow and I owned all the gravel roads around me so when I get some nice conditions like this for some drift sessions I take them. I was doing it the other night after reading this thread in the dry conditions as well. Your stories made me ancy and I went for a cruise around 2 am thanks to you guys lol.
There's no substitute for learning how to drive in snow, ice, dirt and mud. Keep it safe but drive it sideways.
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts