Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of oem seat covers to replace my worn out ones in my 04 T, has anyone done a swap or do I need to take it to an upholestry shop and have them do the swap for me? I have the 40/20/40 front without power.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
The dealer replaced my 05 drivers seat b/c of the seam coming apart by the bolster. This was done under warranty. They swapped it out in a little over an hour.

·
Registered
558 Posts
How much were the seat covers? Mine is ripped too. Was thinking of getting some wet okole's once it got too bad. Hope you get your q answered.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
WeLl since your T is out of warranty, the stealership is gonna rip you a new one for new seat covers. Either go katskinz or wet okele. Much better quality, for probably a similar price haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recently put Iggee Seat covers on the two front seat covers in "pleather" and after putting them on, people ask if they are leather seats they fit that good. I only bought the front covers to see if they were worth the money and hell yes they are. The seat are more comfortable and after having them in there for a few months now, durability is awesome (construction work, dirt, dust and mud have not changed them at all). They clean up with a damp sponge and will be buying the rear seat cover soon. Don't hesitate, best covers I have owned!!!!! If you don't want to change the OEM covers, these are the way to go and priced reasonable at about $180 per row.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds like you got a better deal than me. I paid around $170 for one OEM cloth seat bottom only. I wish I had looked around before going to the dealership. Stay away from the dealership. lol

Post some pics for us.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I used to have the igee seat covers on my frontier. Loved them! trying to save the cash to get some for the T

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I recently put Iggee Seat covers on the two front seat covers in "pleather" and after putting them on, people ask if they are leather seats they fit that good. I only bought the front covers to see if they were worth the money and hell yes they are. The seat are more comfortable and after having them in there for a few months now, durability is awesome (construction work, dirt, dust and mud have not changed them at all). They clean up with a damp sponge and will be buying the rear seat cover soon. Don't hesitate, best covers I have owned!!!!! If you don't want to change the OEM covers, these are the way to go and priced reasonable at about $180 per row.
How bout some pics?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like the stock seat covers. The drivers seat is starting to show wear after 6 years of use (stains, threads coming loose) so I will have to start thinking about replacing them at some point.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i replaced my driver seat cover in my 04 two weeks ago. its pretty simple if you have the correct tools. before pulling everything apart-the seat cover is fastened to the cushion using 10-12 hog rings, they cost about .08 a piece. youll need hogring pliers to install. the seat cushion cradle is metal and is attached to the seat from by 4 12mm bolts, you access from the bottom of the seat. this is much easier if you removed the 4 14mm bolts fastening the seat into the truck. once you remove the seat cushion cradle-the cushion is held on by the seat fabric, the fabric has a moulding around it that folds and fastens to the seat cushion cradle. its pretty east to pull this off using a hook tool. the 12 hog rings can be cut with dikes. ...these notes are for the driver side. im pretty sure the passenger side has a seat occupancy mat under the fabric.--take neg cable off battery and do not turn ignition to on if you dont undo the battery...itll make for a bad day airbag wise if disconnect the mat when ign on. if your seat was like mine and the cushion was kinda worn out, at a hobby store they seat seat cushion material, using a utility knife you can shape the cushion and double side tape it to the oem cushion for more effective seat form.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just finished this, I actually left part of the old cover on. I trimmed off where it attaches to the pan and put it all back together. Was a pain in the @$S as I removed the whole seat and then removed the pan so I can put the new seat cover on. Best part was I had a chance to vacuum and wipe down the hard to reach areas under the seat and along the center console...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Lol PITA is right. I still have the passenger seat of my Xterra in my bedroom. I plan on making my own custom seat covers. It was great to vacuum and clean up the carpets and center console with the seats out. I don't want the seats in my new Titan to crap out like the X, so I plan on getting some good covers asap, at least for now. Got any pics??

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The dealer replaced my 05 drivers seat b/c of the seam coming apart by the bolster. This was done under warranty. They swapped it out in a little over an hour.
How old is your truck and how many miles. My seat has worn a hole and squeeks drives me crazy.. Trucks only 3 years old

1 - 14 of 14 Posts