Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the 1 3/4" JBA LT, JBA catless midpipe, JBA catback exhaust this weekend. Nervous how loud it might be so I purchased the ultra quiet to install post-muffler. Curious if anyone is running 2 of these, 1 post-muffler and 1 pre-muffler. I would have just purchased Cajun's resonated b-pipes but they don't work with the 1 3/4" headers. Whatcha think??

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the Cajun b-pipes with JBA from there to the back and it was too loud for me without the resonator. Tried it without the resonator first but after a week it was just too loud. TIG welded the resonator pre-muffler. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I definitely know I'll need at least 1! I'm in the middle of the project, just got everything removed except for the headers. Got the heat shields of tonight and soaking the nuts with PB Blaster. Can't wait to get it done, then I'll get Uprev from Joe

·
Registered
158 Posts
PRE muffler?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have the same exhaust setup as what you are installing with a UQ post muffler. Too damn loud. Been thinking about having a second UQ installed pre-muffler.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can install a resonator pre muffler if you like. Its just going to keep the resonation at a lower decibel, Which in your case is not a bad thing. We have ran over a dozen configurations and we have come up with a great solution.
We run the JBA 1 7/8 LongTubes with full Cajun 3" Bpipes and Y pipe. This is hooked to a Performance Curve stainless muffler Part# XS2579 3" then into a UQ resonator in the tailpipe. This setup is quiet around town but has some muscle when WOT. You can run the typical 2.25 or 2.5" Cajun setups with this same muffler configuration. Will be even quieter. Hope this helps.
www.teamvenom.racing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just welded on the UQ resonator post muffler. It did take a lot of the drone away but I'm thinking about welding another one on pre-muffler. Thanks for the info Venom!

·
Registered
587 Posts
That muffler that Venom suggested won't help. It's a straight-through design just like the muffler we have, this guy is drag racing a Titan, what he thinks is loud is quite different than what others would think.
Many people with our exhaust setups think that they aren't too loud. At one time, I tried to figure out if I could fit LandCruiser 5.7 mufflers under my truck. For now, I'm probably just going to try a 2nd UQ.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you notice more than usual amount of exhaust fumes now that you have this exhaust system? I haven't purchased Uprev yet...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Do you notice more than usual amount of exhaust fumes now that you have this exhaust system? I haven't purchased Uprev yet...
No, I was tuned right away, though.
I did have a PITA issue with a P2A00 code that was caused by poor quality JBA manifold ports not lining up with the gasket on the driver side. After several attempts to re-align the manifold ports by loosening the manifold and pushing it into various offsets, I finally fixed the P2A00 issue. It would sometimes run rich during warm-up.

Also, the P2A00 code wouldn't show up right away.
Around post 14 I put up pics of the gasket/port alignment issue I was experiencing.

Anyways, now all is good, and truck runs and smells normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts