Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan released more info on the newly remodelled 2005 XTerra. They say it's based on the same platform as the Titan/Armada. It looks like they've addressed the issues that consumers had with the previous model XTerras. Namely, they upped the power with a big V6 and they improved both on (Many people criticized its sloppy ride) and off-road performance. What do you all think about the new XTerra? As far as the new styling goes, to me it basically looks the same except for a new front fascia. I must say, I like the current model XTerra with the classic, rugged, round headlights better than the 2005 models Nissan DNA style lights and grill. To me, the XTerra is meant to be a tough, rugged machine, and the Nissan redesign takes some of that away in favor of a more luxurious look.

Here's the link:
http://nissannews.com/nissan/2005vehicles/xterra/index.shtml

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
3,325 Posts
munkeebinis said:
Nissan released more info on the newly remodelled 2005 XTerra. They say it's based on the same platform as the Titan/Armada. It looks like they've addressed the issues that consumers had with the previous model XTerras. Namely, they upped the power with a big V6 and they improved both on (Many people criticized its sloppy ride) and off-road performance. What do you all think about the new XTerra? As far as the new styling goes, to me it basically looks the same except for a new front fascia. I must say, I like the current model XTerra with the classic, rugged, round headlights better than the 2005 models Nissan DNA style lights and grill. To me, the XTerra is meant to be a tough, rugged machine, and the Nissan redesign takes some of that away in favor of a more luxurious look.

Here's the link:
http://nissannews.com/nissan/2005vehicles/xterra/index.shtml

Yes at the Autoshow today.... Nice looking

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Actually I like the new headlights better than the rounded ones. I was disapointed when they changed to the round ones after the original rectangle ones. IMHO, it looks more rugged, although also IMHO the xterra was never really an off-road machine. Just another SUV.

·
Banned
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing that bothers me about the XTerra is that despite it being smaller than the Titan and having much less power it still gets just about the same gas mileage as the Titan.

If they made the new generation XTerras to have somewhere in the high 200's or more horsepower and still get around 20 mpg I'd definately have it at the top of my list.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
The thing that confused me a little was the fact that the Pathfinder has the same look as the new Frontier, and the Xterra has a very different front end. I guess I was thinking the Xterra was more basic and tough like the Frontier and the Pathfinder was more upscale. However, the looks do not carry that message at all. Oh well, bottom line, they are all looking like very good advances have been made by Nissan. And that 4.0 V6 and 6-speed manual tranny are VERY cool!!!

Xterra

Frontier

Pathfinder

·
Registered
877 Posts
munkeebinis said:
The thing that bothers me about the XTerra is that despite it being smaller than the Titan and having much less power it still gets just about the same gas mileage as the Titan.

If they made the new generation XTerras to have somewhere in the high 200's or more horsepower and still get around 20 mpg I'd definately have it at the top of my list.
Yes I agree. My wife has the 3.3L not supercharged. And I guarentee she spend more on gas but, she also has further to drive than myself. I guess the "HOSS OF A MOTOR" in "THE TANK" makes up for that. Overall I think the new Xterra is a great looking vehicle inside and out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
kind of "don't like it"...it almost looks like any other SUV...or even looks like the 4Runner (i think the way the front fenders flare). oh well... happy with my titan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts