Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine from a place on E-bay and they were great to deal with. Looks like they still have 2 left and the price isn't bad.
I actually had a problem with my first one and this dealer sent me a new one, before receiving the original in return, no questions asked. Their very quick and their customer service is some of the best I've ever had with a dealership parts department. In a matter of 2 days I had the new one in my hands as well as a Fed-Ex shipping label to return the original.:)
Here's the link. Use the Make and Offer feature :eyebrow: .

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on a good deal and good seller.

Reactions: IbChris

·
Registered
384 Posts
what did u offer them?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what did u offer them?
I paid $79 + the ride. Don't know if they'd take an offer of less than that or not, but I didn't really shop around either. I just remember them being about $100 so I figured I'd take a stab and make that offer.
There was one other company on E-bay selling them a little cheaper, but they had terrible feedback and it didn't list anywhere in the auction the part number so I'm not even sure it was the right one.
I bought one about a year ago that was advertised as being the wireless one (like the one I just got) but when it got here, it had a huge control box that had to be wired into the power locks and windows. Not only was it NOT wireless, but it has like 30 wires to hook up... LOL The only wireless part of it was the keypad itself. I learned my lesson buying stuff that doesn't list the part number specifically.:teeth:

·
Registered
384 Posts
just shot an offer for $50 plus the ride....just to try and shoot the moon

·
Registered
384 Posts
i offered $50, they countered with $75, so i count a counter of $60 or $75 if they pay shipping...

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
They are hard to find. I love mine!

·
Registered
384 Posts
i just got it for $75 shipped!!!!! Thanks for the share PistolWhip

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWESOME BRO! Glad I could help you out. I kinda wish I made a little bit more of a low ball offer now... LOL... Ahh no big deal though, I'm always glad to get a good deal even if its not AS good as someone else.
This is win, win for me. I get to help out a company that did right by me and I get to help out some Titan owner compadres. We're all quick to jump on the web and bash a company that does us wrong and rightfully so, but how often do we read threads or reviews of praise for a company that's gone above and beyond?

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
wow...try $75 shipped LOL

·
Registered
313 Posts
So I'm a newb and gotta ask---Is this how they work---->> I take it you program them to your truck. Then hide it somewhere on the outside and it will unlock the T if you lose your keys or have them hidden inside? Does this work on all T's with power locks?

·
Registered
384 Posts
yes, it programs just like the OEM keyless entry key fobs. You dont have to hide it you can mount it any where you like. I've seen pic on TT of them mounted on the door pillar and on the inside of the fuel door.

·
Registered
313 Posts
What's the part number? Like you, I would like to get the right item the first time!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Sorry guys, he only had 2 or 3 left when I posted that link. Looks like they're all gone now.

The correct Nissan part number is: 999KE-AR000 I think they stopped making them so they might be tuff to find now.

As for the mounting location, you can mount them where ever you feel fit. 3M two face tape is some amazing stuff. It will stick amazingly well to just about any clean surface. I've seen them in the fuel door, on the driver side door above the handle, on the plastic window dividers on CC's, in the bed behind the tail light...
I put mine in between the cab and the bed, on the driver side. If you look at the cab side, there's a lip where the natural body line is flat for about 2 1/2" and then bumps out toward the bed. I put it on the flat part so that its hidden by the bed, but still easily accessible.
I didn't put it there because I want to hide it from people, more so that it's protected from brush, car washing and other crap that might knock it lose or tear it all up. I thought about putting it in the gas door, but self service is illegal in NJ and the way these half wits slam **** around when filling and removing nozzles, it would have almost certainly been knocked off and/or routinely coated in gasoline.
It's very easily accessible, out of sight, safe from debris and works great!

·
Registered
384 Posts
DRTYAZN.....you can swipe my keypad but i may swipe ur grill.....lol

1 - 20 of 73 Posts