Nissan Titan Forum banner

Anyone still looking for the keyless entry pads?

11K views 72 replies 22 participants last post by  66262 
#1 ·
I just got mine from a place on E-bay and they were great to deal with. Looks like they still have 2 left and the price isn't bad.
I actually had a problem with my first one and this dealer sent me a new one, before receiving the original in return, no questions asked. Their very quick and their customer service is some of the best I've ever had with a dealership parts department. In a matter of 2 days I had the new one in my hands as well as a Fed-Ex shipping label to return the original.:)
Here's the link. Use the Make and Offer feature :eyebrow: .

Anyway, just thought I'd pass on a good deal and good seller.

Reactions: IbChris
Discussion starter · #3 ·
what did u offer them?
I paid $79 + the ride. Don't know if they'd take an offer of less than that or not, but I didn't really shop around either. I just remember them being about $100 so I figured I'd take a stab and make that offer.
There was one other company on E-bay selling them a little cheaper, but they had terrible feedback and it didn't list anywhere in the auction the part number so I'm not even sure it was the right one.
I bought one about a year ago that was advertised as being the wireless one (like the one I just got) but when it got here, it had a huge control box that had to be wired into the power locks and windows. Not only was it NOT wireless, but it has like 30 wires to hook up... LOL The only wireless part of it was the keypad itself. I learned my lesson buying stuff that doesn't list the part number specifically.:teeth:

Discussion starter · #8 ·
AWESOME BRO! Glad I could help you out. I kinda wish I made a little bit more of a low ball offer now... LOL... Ahh no big deal though, I'm always glad to get a good deal even if its not AS good as someone else.
This is win, win for me. I get to help out a company that did right by me and I get to help out some Titan owner compadres. We're all quick to jump on the web and bash a company that does us wrong and rightfully so, but how often do we read threads or reviews of praise for a company that's gone above and beyond?

Discussion starter · #18 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, he only had 2 or 3 left when I posted that link. Looks like they're all gone now.

The correct Nissan part number is: 999KE-AR000 I think they stopped making them so they might be tuff to find now.

As for the mounting location, you can mount them where ever you feel fit. 3M two face tape is some amazing stuff. It will stick amazingly well to just about any clean surface. I've seen them in the fuel door, on the driver side door above the handle, on the plastic window dividers on CC's, in the bed behind the tail light...
I put mine in between the cab and the bed, on the driver side. If you look at the cab side, there's a lip where the natural body line is flat for about 2 1/2" and then bumps out toward the bed. I put it on the flat part so that its hidden by the bed, but still easily accessible.
I didn't put it there because I want to hide it from people, more so that it's protected from brush, car washing and other crap that might knock it lose or tear it all up. I thought about putting it in the gas door, but self service is illegal in NJ and the way these half wits slam **** around when filling and removing nozzles, it would have almost certainly been knocked off and/or routinely coated in gasoline.
It's very easily accessible, out of sight, safe from debris and works great!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
LOL, you can't swipe them. I mean well.... you can, but it'd be useless for you and probably not worth the high probability that you'd need to suddenly be able to run faster than 1200 feet per second should you ironically stumble across my truck and decide to pull something off it.
I know your joking, but just for the sake of information; you have to have the factory set code in order to be able to set it or reset it. Without that, the keypad is useless. Obviously the preset codes are random and different for each one.

Reactions: DRTYAZN
Discussion starter · #34 ·
I'm interested in knowing how to change the batteries too. Mine's still working great, but I'm so used to it now I don't know how I could live without it. If it does die and I can't find another one or figure out how to change the batteries, I might have a 2006 Titan LE with very low miles for sale... :lol:

Discussion starter · #36 ·
I really can't believe that no one has taken the opportunity to make one of these things on the aftermarket. It's not rocket science, it's the same technology as the keyless entry fob that has come with every car for probably 10-15 years now. All it needs to be, is the same type of frequency as the factory key fob; then you just program it to the truck just like you would a regular key fob.

Reactions: Mrlunchbox
Discussion starter · #39 · (Edited)
Your not changing or trying to get a new FCC ID, its already been assigned. It's no different then just adding another wireless remote. Same frequency, same function and range. You could even use the transmitter of already existing keyless entry remote and just simply add a different sequencing system to activate it. So instead of hitting unlock to make it transmit, you hit 1234... The technology has been around for decades and its not rocket science. A kit that just uses the factory transmitter in a new body that provides the sequence activation is all you'd need and you're talking about a few bucks worth of electronics.

Discussion starter · #42 · (Edited)
Sure, show me your FCC licence. I have one, but it wont let me transmit on that freq. I know there are approved modules, but you do not have access to them ... ask me how I know :teethmast

So maybe you thought about taking apart a key fob. Hey that's a good idea, lets add a keypad... Cool, OK so what you are creating is a button to push a button :lol: Not very secure.
Secure? Have you seen the things that this thread is about? All they are is string of keys with numbers on them. Really all this thing is, is a series of buttons that does exactly what the keyless entry fob does, that's exactly what my point is. It's a "series of buttons that pushes a button," that just adds the convenience of having it attached to the outside of the car and secured by a unique sequence.
Like I said, an FCC license has nothing to do with it and your not transmitting anything different than the key fob that you already have. Maybe something is lost in translation here, either way though this is a useless conversation because nobody that I know of is making it and I don't currently have the time or resources to prove that it can be done. That doesn't mean I don't have the knowledge or ability; I know for a fact that this can be done WITHOUT any $100k FCC license or 18 month wait.

Even further, the FCC issue becomes a moot point as they consider low power output transmitters "Unlicensed Devices." Even if a transmitter that was used for keyless entry was considered a Licensed Device, I wasn't recommended that Joe Smith build these things in his garage and sell them to the Taliban behind that backs of the .Gov for profit... I specifically stated that I'm surprised that the aftermarket hasn't come up with a basic universal solution that would enable someone to add this type of device to any car that already has keyless entry. If FCC licensing was the much of a problem, there would be nothing stopping a company that already aquired the licensing for the proper frequency ranges licensed to specific transmitters (like aftermarket alarm remotes, garage door openers, aftermarket key fobs, etc...) would easily be able to build a device that falls under that same license and operates under the same licensed frequencies form the same transmitters... You took it to whole nother lever with the FCC requirements as if I was recommending that someone here build a launch system for a nuke in their garage...

Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Your still taking this way beyond what it needs to be. If your telling me that the company that originally made them for Nissan is the only aftermarket company in the world that can make them and turn a profit, I don't care what you do for a living; I'm telling you your wrong. I'm also going to go out on a limb here and throw it out there that the simple fact that something is no longer or was never made, doesn't exactly mean that it can't be or wouldn't be profitable to be remade or INVENTED.

I don't know why I'm even still having this debate because you've made it crystal clear that your going to stop at nothing to take this far beyond the point I was making so that you can prove that you have expansive knowledge in radio technology, but that's not what I'm debating. You could be an electrical engineering genius and you could be a complete idiot, I don't know you any better than you know me so that's a futile argument. I'm not trying to argue semantics and I'm certainly not claiming to be some kind of electrical engineer or radio transmission expert. I'm simply using common sense that tells me that an aftermarket company built the one that's on my truck and licensed it through Nissan. It wasn't made by Nissan, so obviously someone was able to pull of this apparent feat of international treasured intelligence and technological impossibility.
Finally, I'm sure that anyone that knew enough about the workings of the key pads that are on our trucks right now, could hack into them just like you just described. However, how many people out there can or will do that? Nothing is secure in this day and age. Nothing will stop a motivated thief from taking your **** if they want it and are given enough opportunity to take it. If I'm going to go through the trouble of locating, dismantling without destroying, rewiring and then activating a key fob on a truck so that I can break into it and steel it's stereo; I'd just smash the F'n window in be on my way in minutes. Do you really think any car, with or without an external key fob, is a "secure" structure in the first place? See, now I'm taking this far and above what it needs to be.

Plain and simple; a company made it for quite a few years for Nissan (and still makes it for Ford and other manufacturers) and now it's nowhere to be found. That leads me to believe that it's clearly do'able and there's an opportunity for an aftermarket company with the resources to capitalize on an open market for an item that people obviously want; which takes this entire argument right back to the first post I made at the top of this page, before it was turned into a contest of who's internet **** was bigger in the field of radio transmission technology, FCC regulations and WMD security protocols.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
last word...

:lol:

I'm not taking anything as an attack, it's all good. I'm just not sure how this simple discussion became a lesson in US government bureaucracy and broadcast engineering. It's all good though, I just wish someone would make them again because I've become very fond of mine and since it's got a usable life span, the day will eventually come where I sorely miss it.

Reactions: RobKar
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.