Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasnt sure where else to post this, but how do you think it would look to do the "headlight mod" but instead of painting it black have them painted to match the color of the truck, then put it all back together.

any input? anyone done it or tried it?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Its been thought of, and I have seen one T with it done...a white one. I contiplated it, but decided not to go thru with it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
they look good, i say do it... soon as i stop bein lazy about it im redoing mine lol

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've done quite a few colormatched...too lazy to grab pics but it looks great, I say go for it!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,156 Posts

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Painting should be easy. Opening it up might be a different story. I'm not sure what type of adhesive is used to seal it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ill just put a better seal in when i put it back together. i was mostly worried about putting the thing in the oven and damaging all the leds...or are those all removable?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Do it... some guys on here will do it for you for a price..

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Don't think you want to put those LED's in the oven. Might possibly damage the circuit board. Use a hair dryer instead.

L

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
^^^ That's true. LEDs and components are not heat-friendly.

If you do it, maybe consider just getting rid of the halos and LEDs altogether.

Maybe someone can photoshop a colormatch for you.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
wasnt sure where else to post this, but how do you think it would look to do the "headlight mod" but instead of painting it black have them painted to match the color of the truck, then put it all back together.

any input? anyone done it or tried it?
I am going to get my headlamp housings aka "headlight mod" color matched to match the color of my truck next week. I am dropping my truck off on Friday 12/03/10 to get my Halo LED ring kit installed and while they are open, I am getting the guy to paint the headlamps to match the color of my truck. I have the 08 model so I told him to remove the orange reflector on the side and the one that runs along the top. I cant wait to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am going to get my headlamp housings aka "headlight mod" color matched to match the color of my truck next week. I am dropping my truck off on Friday 12/03/10 to get my Halo LED ring kit installed and while they are open, I am getting the guy to paint the headlamps to match the color of my truck. I have the 08 model so I told him to remove the orange reflector on the side and the one that runs along the top. I cant wait to see how it comes out.
what is the color of your truck?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
The color of my truck is like a navy blue. Like the blue from the Dallas Cowboys with some sparkle in it.
I'm sure your truck has a lot more sparkle than the cowboys do right now! :rofl:

On topic: I've seen it done to a couple trucks and to be honest, I think it only looks good with the darker color trucks because of the contrast with the reflectors. If it's too light of a color it kind of just washes everything out. That being said, I've never seen it done with your color...

Reactions: 25370

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Many people color match their headlights. A friend did his last week on his Audi, and another dis his over a year ago. Both look good. I prefer dark.

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Yup honestly, your black projectors look fine as is. Colormatching won't look right.

I say bedline the bumpers and the chrome pieces ( as suggested in your other thread.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts