Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally tow an 18' open trailer. Car on the trailer comes in right at 5000lbs (~2200 + 2800). Next month I'm going to be towing to Road Atlanta, but will swap out for my father's new 24' enclosed from Greensbro to RA and back (then will swap back to my normal trailer for the haul home to VB).

The enclosed is around 3600lbs empty so I figure after car, spares, and tools it'll come in around 7000 lbs. I will be hauling with a 10,000lb Equalizer setup and have a Valley load-sensing brake controller (I currently use a 6k Equalizer for my open trailer).

The truck is a 2008 CC 4x2 w/o the factory tow package. Thus, it has the 2.94 gears vs. the 3.36s and is rated to haul 7500lbs vs. 9500lbs (something along those lines).

I don't expect any issues, but then again I don't expect to win any drag races w/ a 3/4-ton diesel either. Anyone use a short wheelbase w/ the 2.94 gears near max capacity? My main concern is truck squat, but hopefully I can tune that out w/ the Equalizer's distribution bars.

For reference here's my normal setup...

Here's my father's new trailer...

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I've towed, but only once, a 24' HallMark enclosed trailer with an open wheel Formula Ford without trouble using my 04 SWB CC 4X4 Titan. It did have the tow package but the nice thing is you can easily adjust the hitch weight buy moving the car forward or backward in the trailer. Get the hitch set up right and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good deal... Formula Ford is just a little bit lighter than my car ;) I may finally order an actual tongue weight scale instead of guestimating like I've done all these years.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know full well what a Formula Ford is.... was being sarcastic.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used to tow a 20 foot haulmark trailer with a 94 integra as well as over 800 pounds of tools and extras with an equalizer hitch and never had any issues pulling it at all, you should be OK but, I do have big tow.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use to tow a 20 foot haulmark trailer with a 94 integra as well as over 800 pounds of tools and extras with an equalizer hitch and never had any issues pulling it at all, you should be OK but, I do have big tow.
Good to know. Only difference between a "big-tow" equipped truck and mine is the side mirrors and gears. We'll see how she does.

I towed my setup pictured above with a GMC Canyon for 3+ years so it'll probably be better than that was.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Subscribed...going to RA with BMWCCA in March for the first time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts