Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you tow and have a lift kit? ei PRG mini lift or extended travel package?

I'm looking into getting a new wheel/tire setup, and maybe lift a little and wonder if it will affect my towing?

I have a 12ft enclosed that hauls my ATV or snowmobile in, don't think that little weight would make a difference, but in the summer i tow my 30ft Holiday Rambler travel trailer that weighed in at 7000lbs dry and this is what has me worried!!

Input greatly apreciated!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
It's no so much the lift, but the bigger tires that can really make things worse...Stay 33" and under and you should be OK...

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
I towed for a few years with 35's and a 6 inch lift. the truck sagged alot, got terrible mileage, and hunted for gears on the hills. but it pulled fine other than that. I pulled a 26 wakeboarding boat.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Im on 35's and pull a 26' TT, I typically manually shift unless i'm on flat ground but engine pulls just fine. Transmission mounts are another story!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am going to be moving a 6x12 U-haul trailer to OK in about 1.5 months. Should I be okay? Look at my mods list and let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have towed tons of stuff with no issues at all from my duck boat to my 28' ski boat to a cattle trailer loaded down with hefers and have never had a problem so i think you should be fine.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I got PRG's 4" extended travel lift with SAWs and the c30 deavers with 35" Kumho's and towed my wife's Passat on a uhaul car trailer (full trailer not a dolly) from NE to VA with no issues. Like others have said, the *** end sagged a bit, but no handling problems. Serious gas mileage problems for some odd reason though...

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I've got the Fabtech 6" with 35's and pull my boat all the time...about 5k lbs fully loaded and I don't even know it's back there half the time.

I am going to be moving a 6x12 U-haul trailer to OK in about 1.5 months. Should I be okay? Look at my mods list and let me know. Thanks.
This thing is a joke to pull, I pulled one of these loaded up a couple months ago all over the place and you won't even know it's there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Serious gas mileage problems for some odd reason though...
Tell me bout it!! When i originally got the TT i had to tow it bout 10hrs to get back home, had to stop for fuel every 2hrs...... was averaging 9mpg LOL

Thanks for the input guys!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lucky for me, my load will be at or about 1200 pounds, so I am hoping that my mpg won't be too adversely affected. I have the SC Cortex to use for that too; suggestions?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I have a 9.5" lift and 35's and I pulled a loaded 16ft trailer about 4,000Lbs and got 11mpg on the highway.

·
Registered
585 Posts
most recently pulled 11,000 lbs with 35's and 6" lift, it hauled 2000 lbs over the limit pretty well surprisingly. i think you'll be fine with a mini lift staying within the limits

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is what I pull, 21' malibu wakesetter, ~5500-6k lbs depending on fuel etc.
I've got 37's and around 10"+ of lift. It hunts for gears on steeper hills so I usually manually shift it, tranny still heats up a little but I watch it like a hawk :)
I'm actually switching to lower gears 4.10's within the next week or two

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's no so much the lift, but the bigger tires that can really make things worse...Stay 33" and under and you should be OK...
This is my concern now as well. I have 275/70/18's but wanted to go to a 325/60/18 in the summer months... but I also tow a TT and I'm worry I might be zapping alot of torque doing so.

·
Registered
869 Posts
With a GVW of 6,000 on your TT I'd say you'll be fine.
I was pulling a 30ft fifth wheel weighing around 7,500 with my T. RC 6" lift and 35s, no issues at all.

Reactions: WayneO

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Greg!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
.....oh did I mention I'm towing w/35" tires AND 3.73 gears.....
BTW Before I moved to the 35"'s I was running 33"'s.....and of course the 3.73 gears.....that was a real sweet tow setup, 4th gear really worked well..........

·
Registered
36 Posts
How was your tranny temps? I have a 6" RC and 35's with a travel trailer that's about 7500 lbs full. Any issues?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts