Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to figure out where i can fit a pair of 12's in this truck and it doesn't seem very easy. Most speakes are about 7" deep and theres just not that much room anywhere so im looking for some ideas.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What about under the rear seats? I was looking at building 2 down firing boxes for my IDQ 12's that would fire down....one box would go on the left and the other on the right. I haven't really looked to see if that would work.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its gonna be tuff, there is only about 7 inches of room down there, my subs are about 6.5 then add in the wood from the box and the sub needs to be about an inch or so from the seat or floor depending on facing direction and you still need about 9 at least. i looked into raising the seat but thats not gonna work either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
piopremier said:
not sure about all of them but i have the rockford pg and the fronts were 6x9's. i replaced them with somes 6's after making a template from aluminum.
Does a round speaker sound better than a 6x9?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't have the RF package I have the so-called mid-level stereo with aux jack. Does this system also have 6x9's in the front. If so that would explain why I have a lot more bass response then I expected - the rear view mirror really shakes! Would it be easy to have a car stereo place install a sub-woofer for me to the factory system. I was thinking about adding a self-powered Bazooka tube or a flat box with separate amp. In any case I need one with a separate gain control because there would be no way to adjust the sub level with the factory deck. What do you guys think about this being that I have never added on to a factory system before. I do like the 6-disc changer and would not want to change it out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Daywalker said:
Does a round speaker sound better than a 6x9?
Yes. Round speakers produce more accurate and crisp sound. The oblong 6x9 produce sound that is more 'muddy'. 6x9's are used as original equipment in cars because they produce more mid-bass than a comparable round 6-6.6" speaker but the quality is sacrificed. Will you notice the difference? ...it depends on the type of music you listen to and the volume. I can tell the difference.

I make up for the bass 'loss' between the 6x9 and 6" round speakers by adding a sub and going with the older MB Quart line which has an oversized 6.5" speaker that is the size of most line's 8" subs.....older MB Quart's have an oversized chassis.

·
Registered
152 Posts
robertc said:
I don't have the RF package I have the so-called mid-level stereo with aux jack. Does this system also have 6x9's in the front. If so that would explain why I have a lot more bass response then I expected - the rear view mirror really shakes! Would it be easy to have a car stereo place install a sub-woofer for me to the factory system. I was thinking about adding a self-powered Bazooka tube or a flat box with separate amp. In any case I need one with a separate gain control because there would be no way to adjust the sub level with the factory deck. What do you guys think about this being that I have never added on to a factory system before. I do like the 6-disc changer and would not want to change it out.
If you're happy with the sound of the speakers that you have, adding an additional sub/amp system will give you more low end punch. I have used a Bazooka tube in the past and would recommend going with a better sub/enclosure with amp tied in to your current system. The Bazooka will not be as good as the other route.....however, the Bazooka will be cheaper. But you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Why not use two or four, 8" subs? They would be much shallower and would probably work well in an enclosure under the rear seats. While the low bass extension may not be as good as a 10" or 12" sub, the natural low bass reinforcement in cars would help out.

Try out 1 or 2 pairs of these:
http://adireaudio.com/diy_audio/drivers/adire/av8.htm

This would be a great little sub too (for less than [email protected]):
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&PartNumber=295-545&DID=7

The Dayton subs are very good indeed and only have a 4" mounting depth...even the 10" only needs less than 5". Much better than most of the "name" brands, but less expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts