Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
First thing to look at is the bar diameter. If you know that you may be able to use a "generic" size/type bushing from Prothane. End links should be pretty easy but the center support bushings may require some trimming. Keep in mind the new bishings may transmit a bit more vibration up through the body and steering. At least you'll know the full capeability of the stock bars.

New bars may be good when they get developed but they will change the handling for the better - or worse. Slippery conditions (snow rain ice) and tight sway bars sometimes don't mix well.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip on the generic sizes. I didn't think of that.

Yes, bigger sway bars may make the car break loose earlier at limits but I don't think I drive my truck that fast. I want to try at least the non-rubber bushings first.

thx

·
Registered
332 Posts
sway problems

I first noticed this weakness in the truck during high winds condition, the truck tended to move around more than I was use to. so I began calling suspension dealers, nothing. there is a company called supersprings but I didn't like that idea.So I put 20'' wheels on the greentitan, the handling improved 80% if i couild measure. I also took some old shock gromets and position them between the leafspring openings fore an aft on both sides. now it sticks to the road like glue, crosswinds and semi's seems to have little affect on the trucks foreward motion.these two changes gives the truck a whole new personality. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts