Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone use either Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor or Bridgestone Dueler A/T

The BFG Trails A/T(OEM) tires are not the best for the winter season. Can I get some advise on who has run either of the Goodyear or Bridgestone (Revo) tires. My tire size is 285/70/17. Your suggestions are appreciated. Tire Rack.com puts Goodyear just in front of the Bridgestone. But I have read how alot of others like the Dueler. Also, I see The TKO is a well liked tire also. But it was ranked 10th. Help is needed!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I liked the Revos but I drive a lot of miles and as they wore out (50k+), they got choppy, especially when it was 90+ degrees out.
I have put close to 70k on them and am getting Dueler H/L Alenzas next weekend...
I just don't do pretty much any off-roading and it doesn't snow enough here to justify the Revo for a second replacement set.

Now granted, I have 18" wheels so my choices are a little different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: Anyone use either Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor or Bridgestone Bridgestone Dueler A/T

I had the Dueler H/L Alenzas on my Land Rover for a couple of years. Awsome tire for wet roads and snow/ice.... The Rover is a very heavy suv for the size and the all wheel drive is tuff on tires, but I got an easy 50K out of the tires and still had some tread when I sold it. Tires never developed a vibration or any problems. They are not an off-road tire by any means, but an excellent street tire and really impressive on slick roads. I drove from Nashville to Little Rock Winter of 2005 after the ice storm had all but shut down I-40. It is one of those trips that after I got to Little Rock I realized I never should have made the trip. Never had a problem, but I passed a lot of abandoned cars in the ditch. Tire really impressed me on that trip.

I would take the Firestone Wilderness A/T over the REVOs. The REVOs do not wear well under a heavy vehicle. REVOs look better, but for long life and a smooth ride and winter traction the Wilderness A/T wins.

I had Goodyears on the Rover from the factory and they did not wear well. I got 30K out of the set and the vibration was awful. I have never bought a set of Goodyear tires because they are always more expensive and I do not know anyone who really likes them.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
My sister and mom runs the revos on their respective vehices, a ford escape and a chev silverado. the love them, my moms in indiana and my sis works for the pentagon in dc (so no giving me lip! jk)

the silent armors would also be an outstanding choice. they are little more sluggish in the handling as far as feedback, but the traction is dead on.

you cant go wrong with either choice.

remember that if you choose to order from tirerack, use the tirerack link on titantalk so the forum gets credit!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Spencer, I would order from you guys but me living about 5 miles from the Newark, DE facility and still having a $65+ shipping cost on the tires makes it not feasible...
It would be nice if you guys got a sales license from the state to allow you to sell direct like you do in other locations...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Anyone use either Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor or Bridgestone Bridgestone Dueler A/T

I have had the Revos on for over 2 years now and can't say enough good things about them. Most of the time you can get away with 2WD even in heavy snow (hey, it's more fun that way). Traction off-road in dirt and in loose sand is good as well (far, far better than the Goodyear SRA's).

I hear the silentarmors provide a better on-road ride than the Revos.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

love the revo's, fantastic wet/dry traction and great snow traction too. highly recommended.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Just bought the Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/Ts for my 2007 2WD Titan on stock 18" rims; 265/70R18. Best tires I've ever owned. Very smooth/quiet ride with a sharp and aggressive look as compared to the gay GDYR SR-A's. These ride better than my BFG K/O's, by far. Highly recommended. I tested these new at 105 mph on Interstate and they were great; helps that the tire shop actually did a good job balancing them. Once the 2" leveling kit gets in and installed, I will post pics. You will not be dissappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts