Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this little app on my phone, and so far its worked pretty good!

It will find the closest stations to you and sort the by distance or price. You can update the price if once you get there its higher or lower. I live in a pretty well populated area with a gas station on about every corner, and its nice to be able to see in real time which one is priced better, without having to waste gas driving around.

GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I frequently use the Gas Buddy website to check gasoline prices in my area. If/When I need to fill up, I check prices but I won'tt go much out of my way to by gasoline since it doesn't make much sense to spend $2 to go out of your way to save $2 on a fill-up. If a lower price is listed somewhere and I'm going that way, I will certainly make a point to buy gasoline on my way.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pass like 5 or 6 stations in the 3 miles i drive home. i can find out which is lower and stop there!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use it all the time. Gas in my are can vary from 1.298/ litre to 1.169/litre. (4.90/gallon to 4.419/gallon)

I also love how you can "report" them. It's a great app.

·
Premium Member
15,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just today i checked and there was a 45 cent difference just in the ones close to me!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
just today i checked and there was a 45 cent difference just in the ones close to me!
I'm betting one was selling ethanol and the other 100% gasoline.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I always pay a little more for name brand gas with no ethanol (BP, Shell etc).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts