Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a class IV Hidden-Hitch on my '96 Jeep. It bolted right up without any problems, and all you could see was the receiver tube. It was very well made. The paint started flaking off after about 7 years, but I think this was due to the fact I was launching my boat in salt water and it may have gotten wet several times, so I unbolted it, wire brushed it and repainted it. It was on the Jeep 3 years after that when I traded it in for the Titan. I would recommend the Hidden-Hitch over the Reese.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I have used hidden hitch brand in the past on a isuzu rodeo and was very impressed with the fit and quality.

I put a "curt" brand hitch on my titan, and it is worth a look, its powdercoated in black and inexpensive. powdercoating is better than paint. more durable

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had hidden hitch on my 01 Xterra and my wifes 05 Quest, Never had a problem other than a little bit of surface rust at the welds. Now, before I put any hitch on I paint right over the powder coat with Rustolium takes two minutes and looks nice. Right now I have a Reese on my Titan. The only problem is the mount for the trailer plug is a bit low. Low enough that I broke two 7 pin plugs off the hitch already from backing into snow banks. I think you are better off with the nissan setup because you get the relays and the hitch in one package.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Uhaul sells the hidddn hitch under their name. same-same!

I have bought and used the hidden hitch. It is ok, but you will left with no place to mount the wiring plug. The spare tire does clear.

My recommendation is buy the OEM Nissan hitch online. I have heard that it comes with some relays shipped inside the box. It may cost you a few more bucks, but you will save that in less agony.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the hidden hitch on my titan right now. No problems what so ever pulls a car hauler once a week and is easy bolt up.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
I have the Hidden Hitch brand hitch on my Titan. Like some mentioned, there is no provision for mounting the 7-pin plug, but I just leave it tucked under the bumper until I need it. No problems with it, and I also had one on my old truck as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts