Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their price seems to be the lowest for the Terra Grappler G2's ($285/65/18 for $951.96 shipped to installer). Some reviews don't look to favorable.

What do I have to look for in an installer when it comes to going away from OE size tires? I saw one that said they won't put tires that lave a lower load rating. Is that the only thing that may be an issue?

And I know this one has been beat to death but with Bilsteins on the 2nd perch on my '12 SV can I run larger without dong the PWM?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
May want to call the tire shop. By the time you pay for mounting and balancing, plus the warranty (if you want it) you may not be too far ahead.

Discount tire will take offers within reason. If you call them and tell them the price they might match it

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank but none of them close to me. Most of the installers are $66 for all 4 + $20 for TPS. I've been trying to find them cheaper installed in my area. May call around to off road places.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
$66 for all four including balance? That's dirt cheap, especially if they're taking your old tires. I paid $45 to get one tire moved from one wheel to the same size wheel, balance, swap the TPMS sensor, and I took the old wheel so they didn't have to get rid of it.

Installers will normally warn you against putting on a wider tire than stock size on the stock rim, but I've never had one flat out say they won't do it. Your load rating shouldn't be going down with these tires.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, $16.50 a tire at Mr Tire plus the cost for the TPMS. I'm going to call the one I always use and see if this is correct.

Great on the tire size. The load rating isn't lower. Just clarifying that may be the only issue that may cause them to refuse. I saw from 1 other installer they said that as part of the details.

Am I better off going with the tires or with the Nitto's it won't matter much?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry autocorrect got me: Should I go with the "LT" series or are the "P" series ok in the Nittos?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts