Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 xe crew cab and i was just curious as to peoples thoughts on installing a magnaflow part# 12158 which is 2.5" in 2.5" out, and just have a new 2.5" exit pipe installed with the factory pipe coming off from the headers. And also if anyone has ever heard the 14" muffler, thanks for help:clap: !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there, I have Magnaflow installed on my truck right now. I am not sure of the part number but it seems to be a bolt on Cat-back system made by Magnflow. It has two Single in single out 2.5 inch mufflers and dual 3 inch Magnaflow tailpipes.They were already there when I purchased the truck. They sounded pretty good AT FIRST. Now they sound aweful. They developed a crack and rust spots and there are leaks.

I wasn't too crazy about thier sound either but I think that is a matter of taste. My favorite sounding exhaust is the Borla. And good ole reliable Flowmasters are always good to. I would steer clear of the Magnaflow. They are not as strong and durable as other exhausts that are available.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
:rockon thanks for the input it looks like most of the guys are happy with their magnaflow but i am gonna give it a try and if i dont like it well i got the muffler shipped with no tax from performance peddler for $68.61 part #12158, so i will let you guys know how it sounds when i get it on next week! Its funny my girlfriend actually wants the truck louder, huh go figure!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
getting this thing installed on monday im so excited, i called another shop to install the muffler and he tried telling me oh that thing is gonna be loud let me sell you the 18" muffler, so i told him uhhh yeah thats what i wanted so he told me $90.00 to have it installed at a place by my work, and a guy by my house i go to every few years wants $45.00.

·
Registered
27 Posts
HEY I put the 14" Magnaflow I looked for my receipt might still be out in truck. I went with the model that has a 3" opening being that the titan pipes are 2 5/8". They also ran a new 3" pipe from the cat to the muffler. the pipe after the muffler to the tail pipe was already 3" to the tip. It took a little getting used to the noise level, but I friggin love it. I thought my wife was going to pooh about it when I took her for a ride. She asked if we could put one on her Suburban. I have gotten quite a few compliments on it sounding good. I did all this $150. Doesn't cost a whole lot to run a straight pipe from cat to muff.:rockon

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
There are a couple of sound clips over at C.T. and this muffler sounds great IMO.........although I have the MF 18" and love it!!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok got that bad boy installed yesterday and i have driven about 50 mi. and damn does this thing sound great, and to my surprise it is really not too loud and absolutely no drone inside the cab, i also chopped the end of the tail pipe right between the last hanger and where the exhaust tip is welded on. the only thing i hope will go away is when you go full throttle it makes a slight pingy, poppy noise but only at WOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts