Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Looks like junk to me because its all plastic...Hell, it might be a "good" quality grille even but being all plastic I think it would probably not last too long...thats just my 2 cents tho:cheers:

Reactions: napz04SE

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like junk to me because its all plastic...Hell, it might be a "good" quality grille even but being all plastic I think it would probably not last too long...thats just my 2 cents tho:cheers:
Good point. And 100 bucks for a plastic grill just seems wrong! I think ill steer clear of this one.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Lots of people have that exact grill and the only complaint I've heard them have is that the mounting instructions and supplied hardware can be a bit shotty. Other than that, I've never heard of any of these breaking. As long as it's the ABS plastic.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Yea that would be a much better alternative! I do agree tho, the stock one is all plastic. Its just like a bunch of aftermarket stuff; the OEM plastic is always higher quality than aftermarket stuff. So basically I would just go with the billet because it would save you some trouble

Reactions: napz04SE

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer the durability of the billit aluminum but the style of the plastic one. Shiiieeeettt!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If you want a metal mesh grill you're gonna have to pay big bucks. Check out royalty core or T-rex grills.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've noticed that nearly all of the T-Rex billet grills show fitment for 04-07 only. Additionally I have seen some grills for 2008 only, and others say 2008-2014.

Was something special about the 2008 grill assembly?

·
Premium Member
98 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
OEM is all plastic, just more pieces of plastic. This one is plastic. Think Rammpage has one and he said he likes it. I was considering buying one of these and modding it with a steel mesh and making a cutout for a lightbar like the Rigid one. A little easier to stomach $100 for that test than straight up buying the $700 Rigid one.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
OEM is all plastic, just more pieces of plastic. This one is plastic. Think Rammpage has one and he said he likes it. I was considering buying one of these and modding it with a steel mesh and making a cutout for a lightbar like the Rigid one. A little easier to stomach $100 for that test than straight up buying the $700 Rigid one.
Yea, agreed on that one! The only reason I even have one is because I got it at less then wholesale price...I got a guy I know at RI :sex0rs: lmao I don't blame you...$700 is freaking stupidly expensive haha.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I've noticed that nearly all of the T-Rex billet grills show fitment for 04-07 only. Additionally I have seen some grills for 2008 only, and others say 2008-2014.

Was something special about the 2008 grill assembly?
The grills from all years will fit all years. There was a very slight remodel of the front grill from 08+ in looks only. Mounting locations are all the same. So any Titan grill will fit any Titan.

Reactions: DTM Titan

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
isn`t the stocker all plastic?
i was going to comment till i saw yours. the stock grill is also plastic so if you just want a different look i don't see what the issue is..

Reactions: Lee-the-Impaler

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info everybody. I friggin love the ridgid one and I'm trying to talk myself into buying one.
I mean, a grill will cost 100-150.
EBay 50" light bar with brackets, wiring harness cost about 200-250.
If I go with the rigid one its only few hundred more... Right guys?? RIGHT ??? GUYS??? My wife is going to leave me.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Few hundo more plus a light bar to go in it. Just do what I did and get her a new car, a house, a puppy, and potentially a baby. She can't possibly say no after all that right?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks for the info everybody. I friggin love the ridgid one and I'm trying to talk myself into buying one.
I mean, a grill will cost 100-150.
EBay 50" light bar with brackets, wiring harness cost about 200-250.
If I go with the rigid one its only few hundred more... Right guys?? RIGHT ??? GUYS??? My wife is going to leave me.
I just ordered a Royalty Core with a custom emblem. I haven't told my wife yet. :eek_surprise:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts